Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catching My Breath

(Message Bible)
Psalms 23: 1-3  "God, my shepherd!  I don't need a thing.  You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet ponds to drink from. True to your word , you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction."

Lord, You have supplied all my needs.  There is nothing I need that You have not made provision for.  You have provided me with a place of refuge in the quietness of Your Holy Spirit who refreshes my soul.  You hold me close while I slow down my mind and body from the day's work.  I catch my breath while You minister to my tired body.  You know if there is anything wrong with me before I do and You continue to work in my behalf to heal and restore me before I am aware of a problem. You are indeed true to Your Word, my God.  I know that when I am up again, I do not need to fear as You have laid a path for me that is easy to follow as You have lit the pathway with the Light of Your Word.

Father, when my spirit is heavy on behalf of friends and their needs, spiritual, physical and material, You comfort me with Your words of love and compassion for them.  You hold me as I cry unto You for their healings, that they rise up healed in Your precious Son's Name.  You lift me up to You as I am concerned for their material needs, reminding me that You will supply all their needs according to Your riches in Glory.  And You reveal to me Your plans for their spiritual restoration.  You show me when I am so weary to let the Holy Spirit pray in my stead, as He knows their needs so much better than I and takes these needs directly to Your throne room.  Father, You are El Roi, my Lord.

My Lord, I could not come from giving You my Heart without worshiping You for Your precious spirit you place in me.  The wondrous love of my Savior that gives me liberty to come boldly before Your throne to seek You in prayer.  Lord, You have made my life one that I am content with, overjoyed that I have this life in You.  You give me joy that I cannot even express.  When I try to express how truly wonderful You are, words fail me.  But, You, my God, know my heart and can draw from it the love directed to You alone each minute of each day. I wait on You, my Lord, to do Your will.  To do whatever will bring You glory and honor.  Take joy in me, O my Lord as I sing to You with all my heart.

 How great is my God, my God, who blessed me every minute of this 2nd day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment