Sunday, December 19, 2010

ON THE SEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS, MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME....FORGIVENESS

Ephesians 1:7  "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence."

When Christ died on the cross, we were made free of every misdeed, every wrong doing; totally free to live a life in Christ, washed clean by the blood, made acceptable to the Father.  All of us that have come to the Father and asked forgiveness were granted that.  No reservations, it was ours.  But...

God gave us forgiveness, no charge, nothing remembered, we were cleansed.  However, God expects us to pass that forgiveness on to those who sin against us.  Those people that spitefully use us, lie about us, hurt us.  We are to forgive them?  Yes, we are.  In order to have the gift of forgiveness, the gift that lasts, the Lord expects us to forgive also.  If someone has wronged you and comes and asks you to forgive them, you do it right there. There is no deciding over it, no thinking it over for a few days, it is instant. Yes, they are forgiven.  And then, forget it.  They hurt you, they asked forgiveness, give it to them. Yes, it is that simple. That is what was accorded us when Christ died on the cross.

Well, you ask, what if they do not ask forgiveness?  What if they are not sorry?  You still forgive.  Do you not realize that when you do not forgive them, and put it aside, it will eat at you and rob you of your peace.  There can be no peace when you hold things inside, when you do mind games of what you will tell them if they come around you. The bottom line here is  - it is not bothering them. If they have not asked your forgiveness, never said they were sorry, you can be assured it is not bothering them.  It is harmful to you, holding this unforgiveness inside, robbing you of peace, and it doesn't bother them at all. I tell you what I am going to do. I am going to let it go. I will give that to the Lord so fast and let Him handle it, let Him be the one who can draw that person into conviction of their wrong. Let it go...

You have to be concerned with your heart, your actions.  You must forgive in order to stay in right standing with the Lord.  In order to maintain the forgiveness that you were given, in order for the Lord to forgive you if you fail again, your heart has to be without unforgiveness in it.  To hold on to it, makes it a sin. SIN! You can not let the enemy get inside you  and fester this. Just forgive.

Years ago, I have to say that I could hold on to some unforgiveness.  When the Lord showed me what harm it was doing to me physically, what it was doing to me spiritually, and how He wanted to take that from me, I had to let it go.  I am a pretty sensible person. If something I am feeling about another person is only hurting me, it doesn't make good sense to keep on feeling that way. The Lord was so wonderful, showing me how this became sin, showing me that I could not change this person by not forgiving them, and letting me know if I gave Him this problem, He would have more impact on this persons life than I could ever have.

So, my true love gave me forgiveness.  Forgiveness in the truest state.  He had already given me forgiveness, but He gave me the GIFT to forgive.  To forgive others.  It has made me a better person. I can love them in the Lord, not holding anything back, letting God take care of their hearts.  It gave me a closer relationship with the Father, because this unforgiving nature that turns to sin was no longer a part of who I am. To have that intimate relationship with the Father, there can be no sin. I must have that relationship with my God, I must have His presence.  It is the only way.

Thank You, my King. You show me everything I need to do to stay in that precious relationship with You. When You come to me and visit me, I don't want anything standing in the way of our talks, of  the love You show me. I worship You, my Lord. You know me so well, You are letting me know You so well. It is the best life I can possible have, here in Your presence. 

Your gifts, Lord, confidence, revelation, grace, foundation, expectancy, rules and now forgiveness. I am so blessed, this 19th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment