Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ON THE TENTH DAY OF CHRISTSMAS, MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME......PEACE

John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

The Message says "Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left -- feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught."

Peace.  Thank you my Lord for Your gift of peace. It is one of the most , soul filling gifts you have given.  Your peace.  Peace could be described as the absence of stress, worry and fear. And you freely gave it to me when you returned to the Father.  You left the Comforter with me, Your Holy Spirit, and you gave me peace.

I like the way the Message puts it.  He did not leave me the way I was used to being left, feeling abandoned, bereft.  He left me knowing in my heart that I would never be alone, never be without Him.  His Holy Spirit, left in me to give me comfort, guidance, reassurance that my Lord was still with me.  A total peace knowing that God was with me.

Do you know what it means to be without worry.  It is the most freeing feeling you will ever have.  No fear, no worry. Just total peace.  Now this peace does not come and make everything go away without you.  You have to take a part in this process.  The first thing I did was totally surrender to God.  Everything I am, everything I have, all my thoughts, complete control of my life, I gave to Him.  I held nothing back, finances, health, nothing not surrendered to the Lord.  And in return, He put peace in the place of worry, fear, trying to control what I had no control over, just peace.

When my husband passed away, the household income dropped almost in half.  I still live in the same house, pay the same bills, and do pretty much everything I always did.  Now savings is not the same, extras is not the same. But I find when the Lord has everything He makes it all come out each month.  There is money to give when He says give, extras for trips to Dallas or wherever I need to go. He makes a way, leaving me with no worries, just peace.  He takes care of everything. 

I have no fear of the unknown any more as the Lord has that in His control also.  God is so good to give you what you need at all times.  People do not always understand how you can have peace in a world that is so filled with stress, worry and crime.  But peace comes naturally as you learn to let the Lord take over for you.  It is mixed with His unconditional love, His forgiveness, His plans for your life.  God does not want any of His children to worry, be stressed over life.  He sent His Son so we could have forgiveness of our sins, our salvation was secured by Jesus.  He wanted us to know His love and peace.  Why do so many insist that they have to take care of everything themselves.  They cannot do this. It is a control thing, just not wanting to release everything to God.  And yes, it is simple.  He gives all things to us, what makes one think that He is not capable of taking care of the very lifes that He brought to be.  Just let go...of everything.  And yes, if you are married and have children, that means that also.  He will take care of your family.

Father, You are the ruler of my heart, the captain of my ship, the controller of my life.  I will not have it any other way.  Your Way or no way is what I want.  Your peace.  Your love.  And You have given it all to me.

You are Life to me, my Lord.  The very essence of what every child of God should seek after.  The filling of heart and soul with love, joy and Your peace.  Thank you my King, for this most precious gift, on this tenth day of Christmas, Your peace.

I love you my Lord.  All my worship is yours.  I honor and praise Your Holy Name this 22nd day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment