Thursday, December 9, 2010

I HAVE PURPOSE

Isaiah 61:1-3  "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath annointed me to preach good tidings unto the  meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord that He might be glorified."

I have never thought of myself as a preacher, although sometimes I think it sounds like I am preaching. I am just so adament about my Lord, I want everyone to find Him and His will for their life. But I do know that the Lord has a purpose for my life, for me.  He has not brought me to this place in my life, taken weeks to teach me how He wanted me to worship Him, put into my heart such a love for people, and a tenderness and concern for them, if He did not have a special purpose for it all.  It all must fit together into His plan.  He told me that He has a plan for me, to prosper me, not harm me, to give me a future and a hope.  (Jer 29:11) This scripture He gave to me so many times, until it resonated within me. So I believe He will couple this word along with the heart for His children that He gave me to make a place for me in my life at this time.  I am waiting for the beginning of something wonderful, something that He has ordained for my life, waiting for His timing in it.

Finding myself always with a word of encouragement for others, I realize this does not come from me.  I know these words are from the Lord, as I cannot express myself like I do.  I have always been basically shy, not wishing to be in the fore-front of things, but more of a background type, in the kitchen, not the living room. Perhaps so much like Martha it would hurt at times, wishing to be Mary but not wanting to be out front. But now the Lord has given me a heart of Mary, wanting only more of Him and to do His will.  So He has me out of myself, loving on people, encouraging them, passing on what the Lord tells me to say to them.  I feel people that know me well, some of them see what the Lord is doing, they have such spiritual insight; while others just seem to be a little tolerant because of who I am, and they love me. But they fail to understand what has happened to me these last months. How God has taken me from a mediocure worshiper at best to one who has a heart to do nothing else but worship Him and love Him, to proclaim to all who listen, how He loves them and so desires their whole hearted worship and love. Sort of like, not being accepted in your hometown. I have friends who will understand this feeling.

But I will continue in the path as the Lord instructs.  I will love His people.  I will encourage them and lift them up, giving them the good news and word from the Lord. I will worship the Lord with all my being, leaving nothing out, or leaving no doubt as to who I am in Him. My God, I ask for Your boldness, Your strength.  I believe as long as I do everything in Your Name, for Your glory, that I can do what You ask. I can do what is necessary to show Your love and grace to everyone I come in contact with.

Just one thing I ask for myself, my Lord, is Your continued presence, Your sweet presence each moment of my live.  Your Glory surrounding me each day, and Your peace and rest each night.

As I praise You and worship You, my Father.  Let the songs that I sing give you joy, dear Lord, this 9th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment