Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ASK, YOU WILL RECEIVE; WHAT IS IT YOU WANT?

John 16:24  "Until now you have asked nothing in My name.  Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

How many of us have never asked God for anything?  I do know many that can answer that with "I have asked for nothing".  We all have asked, in prayer, for healing of loved ones, or ourselves.  We have all asked for guidance, for wisdom; we have asked for financial blessings.  These things are important to us, have been at one time or another.  These prayers, as well as other blessings offered us by God, have been lifted up to Him with sincere hearts.  But let's wipe the slate clean for a moment.  Suppose you had another chance to ask, for the very first time, something of the Lord.  A fresh chance to ask for the most important thing you want from God.  What would you ask?  Don't answer right away, give it some serious thought.  You only have one chance this time, make sure it is what is truly your hearts desire.

While you are thinking this over, I am going to rabbit trail (my pastor calls it this when he side-tracks a little) for a moment.  I can remember being told to wish upon a star, and to think it over real good, and then not to tell, as if you did it would not come true.  I would think real carefully as to not waste a wish, to make it a real good one, something I wanted more than anything else, then I would wish.  Such a silly game, but when we are children we believe so easily.

But now, grown up, I find that wishing is not something I do a lot of.  I am a realist, and I know from Whom my help comes.  I know on Who I believe and Who will keep me each day.  And I have asked for a lot of things from God in my life time.  But knowing all I know now, what would I do differently?

Are you ready, do you know what you want from God?  Write it down, so you will not be persuaded by my answer.  Make it your own answer.  Do not think if it is different from me that it is not right; it will be different because it will be what your heart desires, not mine.  Is it written down?  Okay, then go on and read what I say next.

I would ask, first and foremost, for the Presence of God.  I have thought it over and this is what is my heart's desire.  For you must understand that this is what I need most.  To ask for and receive the presence of God, means if I have God's presence, I am forgiven of all sin.  He will not reside where there is sin.  If His presence is here with me, I am well in body and spirit, my mind is sanctified in Him. I am made perfect in His presence.  I am at peace, for where He is, peace is.  I am joyful, because His presence brings me joy unspeakable.  I am His beloved, for He reserves His presence for His beloved.

The Presence of God is my heart's desire.  I long for nothing else.  In His presence I am content to sit at His feet and wait for His words, His instruction, His direction.  There is no greater desire than this.  It comes with all the things necessary for my life.  His forgiveness, health for my body, mind and spirit, perfection in Him, peace, joy and love.  It is all inclusive in His presence.

When you ask something of the Lord, ask for what is His heart's desire.  His heart desire is for you to long for His presence.  This is what gives Him joy and happiness.  To know His beloved wants His presence more than anything else they can think of.  When that is our hearts desire, my God only wants to pour all His blessings on us.  All the riches and blessings of His Heaven will come down on you.  But I want to tell you one more thing....

When you are in the Presence of the Most High, The Love of my life, my Holy Father, my God, my wonderful Lord and Master, you will not even notice the other blessings raining down on you.  You will see nothing save the beautiful, glorious, precious presence of the Father.  You will not notice anything but the warmth of His arms around you, His breath as He whispers songs of love to you and the outpouring of love from your heart for Him.  You will be singing songs of worship to Him, loving on Him with all your heart, letting Him see your pure love and adoration for Him; nothing else will be noticed, nothing else is needed.  Just you, just God.  Just me, just my beloved Lord, my Father, my God.  

All I want, dear Lord, is Your presence; now, today, tomorrow, each day of my life until You take me to be with You for eternity in the place You have prepared for me.  Until that time, Lord, please take residence in the place I have prepared for You.  My heart, cleaned by the blood of the Lamb, purified by Your righteousness, and open for You by my love, my desire to have You with me always.  And my joy will be full.

This is what I want, and I worship Your Holy Name, You are my everything, above all else, this 28th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment