Wednesday, December 15, 2010

ON THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS, MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME.....GRACE

1 Timothy 1:14  "And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus".

What do you say, or think, when you see someone on the side of the road, with a sign saying they need help, they want you to give them money.  Do you just divert your eyes from them and drive on, or do you listen for that quiet voice of the Spirit directing you.  If the Spirit tells you to lower your window and give them money, do you follow His word, or do you just go on, deciding you must have heard wrong.  Or when they take up a collection to help someone having hardships, do you reach for your wallet, joyously giving unto the Lord, or do you say, I have no money with me today. 

Do you not understand, do you not realize except for the grace of God, there you go?  To show no grace would be ignoring the grace given you; do you think that grace with continue, when you show no grace to others.

I will not apologize for my soap box.  So often I have given money to someone holding the sign on the road and someone in my vehicle tells me they will probably use it for drink or alcohol.  That is not my concern, I tell them.  The Lord told me to give and I did.  What they do with the money is between them and God. I just need to be obedient, for I know what grace is.  I have to show grace. 

There is nothing I have ever done that God's grace has not covered.  Every sin I have ever committed in my past has been covered by the grace of God.  Not a day dawns that His grace is not present to cover me for the day.  What joy there is in knowing as you wake up the enemy cannot begin your day with darts of yesterdays mistakes, wrong choices.  For last night, prayer was sent up to the throne asking the Lord's forgiveness for your mistakes, failure to do what He asked, and His grace has covered you.  So grace has covered me when I get out of my bed in the morning.  I do not have to listen to anything satan has to say, and when he hears the words of praise and songs of worship rising out of my heart, he leaves, knowing there is no room for his condemnation.  Grace has covered all.

"Grace, grace, God's grace; grace that will pardon and cleanse within.  Grace, grace, God's grace; Grace that is greater than all my sin."  What wonderful words from this hymn.  These words are so true, God's grace is greater than all my sin, and that grace was extended to me when Jesus was born and the grace was manifested in me for eternity when He died on the cross.

What a blessed gift grace is.  I treasure this gift, my Father, and I praise Your Holy Name for this gift, I thank You for Your love, and I worship You with all my heart and soul this 15th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment