Tuesday, May 29, 2012

THE KING AND I

Mark 12:34a  "When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God".

When you know in your heart that you love the Lord God with all your heart, with all your understanding, and with all your strength, and then you love your neighbor as yourself, you have passed from this kingdom to the spiritual kingdom of God.  To the kingdom where my King dwells.  In me, in you.  When this love flows throughout your heart for our Lord, and there is no separating of who He is and who you are in Him, you are dwelling in the spiritual kingdom of God.

I know on Whom I believe; I know Who it is that I love with all my heart; I know that my God dwells in me, loving me, so loving me.  My King is my life.  He is the truest friend I will ever know; He is the gentle touch on my arm as He guides me in His Light; He is the sweet voice that tells me that He loves me, even when I feel I have disappointed Him, He reminds me that He loves me; He is the lover of my soul.  In His kingdom, my spirit dwells, even while I am walking this earth, my spirit dwells in His kingdom.  Softly, He calls me to walk with Him as I seek His face, as I look for Him when I awake in the morning, He is not far.  As I drive to work, He sits beside me, He listens as I sing my songs of worship to Him, as I pour my love on Him, as I pray in the heavenly tongue He has given me; He sits beside me and pours His love back onto me.

My Lord, how I love You; how I love to sing Your praises; to worship You with my whole heart.  You are my King, and I, your adoring servant.  I just want to sit at Your feet and listen to Your words of knowledge, the wisdom You impart to me, the encouraging words You give me when I need them most.  I love You, my King, I love You.  You are all I will ever need, You are certainly all I will ever want.  My hand in Yours, my eyes forever on You, my King, You and I; yes, my King and I.

05-29-12

No comments:

Post a Comment