Thursday, May 24, 2012

OPEN DOOR POLICY

James 4:8  "Come near to God and He will come near to you."

Every one I believe has heard their boss or someone else, say they have an open door policy.  This is suppose to mean that you can come in any time you want to and discuss any problems you might have.  Have you found this to be true?  For the most part, I have only had rare experiences where this was fact.  And still I  hear this, and find myself knowing that they really do not care to hear how I feel about something, or my thoughts on how things are going, or if I have a problem....what do I expect them to do about it?  Sad....but true.  However, I do know of One whose "open door policy" is true and just. 

My Lord and God has told me, He has told you to come near to Him and He will come near to me and you.  And He means it.  My Lord is interested in what I have to say; He cares about my problems and He will never ask me what I expect Him to do about it.  He knows just what I need Him to do, and if I am in His will, if I have come to Him, lovingly, asking with an open heart, He will do what I ask.  If I am faithful to my God, He will always be faithful to me.

There is nothing that can happen that the Lord is not interested in, concerning my life, or your life.  He wants us to come to Him and tell Him every detail of our day, the good, the bad and the ugly.  He will gently guide us through the process of filtering out those things that we should let go of, those things that seemed so hurtful and we want to hold on to them and fret over them; stress over them; but that is not our Lord's way.  He wants us to let go of those things, give them right over to Him and let Him replace all that hurt and stress with His sweet love.  Our Lord wants us to tell Him the exciting things that happened, our successes, the joy of the day....yes, He knows what all happened but He loves us to come and tell Him about it, in our words, with our hearts communing with His.  It totally makes His day, and when you are with the Lord, in His beautiful presence, it will totally make your day also.  I know it makes mine.  When I am in the presence of the Lord, all the things that went wrong during the day, they just slip away, unnoticed and meaningless.  What could they possibly matter when you are in the magnificent presence of our Holy God.  What could be more wonderful than to visit with the Lord at the end of each day, and let Him sift through those things of your day and wash away all the things that have no real value in us, and leave us with the things of Him that give us such joy and peace.

The Open Door.....of the Lord is one you will definitely want to go through each night before your rest.  The Lord will pour His love into you and you will be so relaxed that you will sleep just like a baby....for you will rest in the Father's arms, as He holds you close, His child, His beloved child.  You love Him so much, you enter into His door each night....He always leaves it open, and His Light is always on.

05-24-12

No comments:

Post a Comment