Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PRIZE FIGHTERS

 Malachi 3:16-17a  "Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them.  So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name.  "They shall be Mine," says the Lord of hosts, "On the day that I make them My "jewels".

Have you ever listened to the introduction of a prize fighter?  At a fight when the announcer is extolling all their accomplishments and bragging rights?  I was listening to the news and they were playing a part of the introduction of the fighters and the announcer was just  going on and on promoting the fighter, how great he was when I saw myself, I saw you also, as we prepared to enter the Kingdom of our Father, God Almighty.

The Lord was so proud as he introduced each of His children as they came into the Throne Room; like at a grand ball where you stand at the top of the stairs and your name is called out and you proceed down the stairs, like royalty.  But the Lord was introducing me, I was being treated as royalty,  the Lord was presenting me as royalty.  He was telling everyone there, "Here comes my child.  She has defeated the enemy.  She has kicked heartache, she has floored depression, she has overcome the ways of the world.  She is my beloved child and she is so dear to my heart; now she is here to receive her reward.  And then He took me by the hand, tucked it in His arm and led me around the room introducing me to all present.

Then, just when I did not think this picture could get more wonderful, He sat me at His banquet table.  Then the Lord, my God, went back to the foot of the staircase and He began to introduce you, my friend.  It was so special, so special.  He was bragging so on you also.

Our Lord is so proud of us.  He could not love us more if He tried.  His love is beyond comprehension, and He loves that we, daily, stand firm in His Word; that we refuse to let the enemy defeat us.  The enemy might knock us down, but we are God's fighters, and we get right back up and continue the battle.  See, it is not as hard as some might make it.....see we know the outcome of this battle.....we win!  We will defeat the enemy because we have the strength and power of our God pouring through us; we have the Holy Spirit reminding us each moment of the love of our Father, and that He is so proud of us; and that we are winners through the blood of our Lord Jesus.

We cannot be defeated as long as we know....as long as we remember; as long as we believe and trust our God.  He will never let us down, He will never leave us to fight the battle alone.  He is on our side, He is in our corner and He will see that Victory is ours.  We are His beloved prize fighters; we are victorious in Him.

05-08-12

No comments:

Post a Comment