Sunday, May 13, 2012

ALL THINGS, LORD, ALL THINGS

Jeremiah 17:14  "Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."

So often, especially lately, I find that the things the Lord directs me to do, the words He flows through me to write, those things, those words that He uses to help others are the very words and things the Lord uses to help me.  He uses them to cleanse me and heal my heart, my disappointments, my shame....and my sin.  He uses all those things, working them together, for my good, because I love Him and have yielded to Him.  His will is what I desire above my own.  I must follow Him for I know no other way but His any more.  I look for no other way but His.

As the Lord works in me, those things that He finds in me, those deep hidden things that even I forgot were there, He is bringing forth to show me, to allow me to see what still remains so deep and unthought of, but not something that He wants in this vessel where He abides.  The Lord, my God, is a jealous God and only wants what is of Him in me, in each of us, so He will root out all things and help us purge those things from our hearts, from our souls, from our spirits, until all is removed that is not of Him.  Just when I think there cannot possibly be anything else, the Holy Spirit will draw my mind to a memory, a memory that will bring up questions, asking myself if this is still there, why is it still there and how does it affect me now.  Sometimes there is no effect, but so often there is and I know that all I need do is ask the Lord to help me, to show me why this is still residing inside my heart, and please, Father, help me to get through the purging of yet one more thing that is not of Him.  I only want the things of my Lord and Savior to be in me.

We come to the Lord with so much baggage, so many hurts, some we have buried so deep we have not thought of them in years and years, but they are there.  As long as those things remain, we give the enemy tools to use against us, and we never know when these things will rise up against us, causing us pain, throwing us off balance.  Denying that there are things like this still remaining in us only delays the process, hinders the Holy Spirit's work in us.  Releasing all to the Lord, giving Him total access to our heart and soul proclaims to all that we are yielding our life to the Lord for His cleansing touch, His redeeming love and grace.  Lets the enemy know that we will not hold anything back from the Lord's Light; nothing will remain in darkness where he might hide.  Nothing; no darkness, only the Light of our Savior.

Thank You, my Lord, for Your continued work in my life.  I surrender all to You, I surrender all.  You are my God and I worship You with all my heart and soul.   My spirit cries to You, Abba Father, my spirit cries to You, my Lord, I love You, I love You, I love You.  You are everything to me. 

05-13-12

No comments:

Post a Comment