Tuesday, May 22, 2012

IN THE COOL OF THE EVENING

Ezekiel 28: 17b-18a  "You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty, you were in Eden, the garden of God."

The Lord began to speak to me this morning, sweetly, calling to me, to meet Him in the cool of the evening.  Almost immediately, the mind, you know, the mind that always thinks of things as you see them....., well the mind says, it is hot, it is not going to be cool.  And this is what the Lord told me:

Come to my garden, in the cool of the evening, and walk with Me.  Where I am, it is always perfect.  As you come into the garden, you will feel a fine mist as My Glory begins to fall all over you, and My Glory will wash all the trappings, all the lingerings, all the coating of the world off of you.  As you walk into My Glory, as you come forward and begin to feel yourself become lighter as the cares and woes of the day are washed away, you will feel the coolness of the air; you will feel the sweet breeze of My Spirit as He draws you closer into My presence.  Come and walk with Me,  I desire to have My child, My beloved child with me.

As we come into the presence of the Lord, as we are cleansed of the day, as we are brought back into the perfected Light of our Lord, we will become as beautiful as anything.... no, it will be nothing we can imagine, for the beauty that the Lord places on us cannot be seen with the human eye.  It is a spiritual beauty that only is seen by the heart.  This is how our Lord sees us.  This is the beautiful child that He desires so to walk with Him and spend time with Him.  It is nothing we can gain on our own, it is nothing we can buy or beg.....it is given freely to us as we come into His presence, as we yield ourselves to His desire to spend time with us, as we desire to be in His presence more than anything else, we go from what we see to what He sees, the one He loves so, His beloved.

I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear falling on mine ear, the Son of God discloses.....and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.....

What greater joy has a worshiper of our God than to be invited to walk with Him in the cool of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment