Monday, May 14, 2012

RETURNED, UNDELIVERABLE

1 Peter 2:25  "For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

Have you every sent a letter to someone you have not corresponded with in a long while, or perhaps, in this day and age, an email, only to have it returned, undeliverable?  How did you feel, did you wish at that time you had not taken so long to reach out to them, wishing there was something you could do.  Did you try to find another way to reach them?

Can you imagine this is how the Lord feels when He sends His Spirit, the Holy Spirit to us, to draw us to Him, to return us to His care, and to have the Holy Spirit put on hold, "I'll do this later" or "When I am older, I will come to the Lord", or "I'll seek Him when I am not so busy".  I know that our Lord does not give us on us, He keeps trying and trying to get our attention.  I know personally how many times the Holy Spirit touched my life, drawing me to the Lord, telling me that the Lord was waiting.  I left Him waiting for much longer than I wish I had.  What time was wasted, what joy was put aside.  But now....thank You, Lord, for loving me so much.

But there are those who are still returning His messages unanswered.  How long will you wait?  What would you do if you thought there would not be another message sent......would that make you surrender now to the Lord's calling?  How long will you stray, wander aimlessly, needing a Savior?  How long will you ignore the call He has on your life?

"I can hear my Savior calling, I can hear my Savior calling.......".  Answer His call, if it be for salvation that He is calling you to, or perhaps a ministry He has called you to.  You know He has a plan, His plan is to bless you.  Answer today.......answer today.

05-14-12

No comments:

Post a Comment