Friday, May 11, 2012

UNDERLYING PRESENCE

Psalm 46:1  "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Always present, in all I do, my God is always with me.  I am always quite busy at work on Fridays, I mean really busy, sometimes on my feet for a few hours at a time.  Today, as I was working, moving customers in and out, keeping up a little chatter with them, inquiring about their day, asking about their needs, trying to bring a little joy of the Lord to them as they leave for the rest of their day; and I was just stunned by the revelation of every word I was saying had the underlying presence of the Lord in it.  It was as though as I spoke I was so aware of His presence, of my thoughts on my God with each word.  When I was alone again for a while, I just could not stop telling the Lord how much I loved Him.  It did not matter what I did, wait on a customer, talk on the phone, drive to the bank, or even drive home that I was not aware of the Lord being in my every thought.  I could talk to someone but He was on my mind.  I could conduct business, speaking the words necessary for this work, but the Lord was on my mind, in my thoughts.  Continually.  His underlying presence was coming through all I did.

My God, how I have prayed for this moment to come.  Where You constantly are the only real thoughts I have.  And then I was aware of one stronger emotion that began to flood my heart.....I want more.  I still want more of You, Lord.  Even where I find myself now, I know there is more of You and I want it.  I will not be satisfied with today's joy when I know there is more of You to discover, more of You that can fill me to overflowing.  And I want You to be all, my all.  Each time I read the Word, I am more and more aware that You have so much more for us to find in You and it is ours for the seeking and for the having.  I also know that there are steps to coming into the fullness of Your love and Your presence.  I know from today's revelation that I have moved in closer than I was, but I also know that I have only just broken through, there is more, so much more.

Just as the universe has so much more than has ever been discovered by man, there is so much more of You, my God, that is waiting to be shown to Your children.  I know, I can feel Your heart as we draw closer and closer to You.  I sense an excitement in You as we come closer with each new discovery of another attribute we were unaware of.  Endless are the many facets of You, my God.  I cannot even imagine all that You are, I only know I want to know all of You, I want to be a part of Who You are, I want to be so close to You, so very close.

Thank You, Lord, for drawing me into You today.  I am going to continue to seek to draw closer, I do not want to lose ground, to fall back from where I have come today.  I will do all I can to keep going forward in You, never to regress, but to seek You with all my heart and soul.  I am in love with You, my King, so in love with You.  Can You feel my love coming up to You this night?  I know You felt my love this day, as I could feel Your smile, Your joy in my love.  Your presence, Your underlying presence, may it always be with me.

05-11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment