Monday, May 21, 2012

THY ROD AND THY STAFF

Psalm 23:4  "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

My Lord and God, Your love overwhelms me at times.  When I began to think of how much You love me, I thought of this verse.  I have no fear of anything evil, of what harm the enemy might plan for me, You go before me to dispel it; to bring it to naught.  Your rod of correction, of authority over my life brings me comfort.  I can remember when I was a child and I needed correcting, my daddy would sometimes need to spank me.  It wasn't often and I realize now it was because it hurt him so much to spank me. I know he had as many tears in his eyes as I had in mine, and I believe I got over it so much quicker than he did.  I know when You correct me, Lord, that it distresses You also.  I know so as I have felt You hold me close to Your heart as You are correcting me; so close that I know how much love You have for me.  Close so I can feel Your heart reach out to me with Your abiding love to let me know that it is because of this love that You correct me, that You desire to keep me on the path that You have set for me; that You will not let me off the track again, ever again.  You are jealous for me.  You will not have me set my eyes on anyone, anything other than You, my Lord.  I am Your worshiper and You will not let me go from You.  And my Lord, I do not ever want to go from You.  I thank You that You keep me close to You, that You keep me in Your will; that You love me enough to correct me when I am wrong.

Your staff, Lord, comforts me.  Your staff keeps me close to You, drawing me into Your side when danger appears; bringing me back when I may step outside the path You have me on.  I am comforted knowing that You will not let me drift from You, that all my steps are guided by You.  I love how You pull me close to You for times of sweet fellowship; for times of intimate conversation, as You tell me of Your love for me and as You listen as I sing to You my words of love and adoration.  I am comforted, I am at peace, I am filled with joy.

I love You my Lord.  I sing praises to Your Name, O Lord, praises to Your Name.  You are the One I adore, You are the One I live for.  You are my King, my Master, my Everything.

05-21-12

No comments:

Post a Comment