Saturday, May 12, 2012

EMPTY NEST

Isaiah 54:1  "Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child, burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor, because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the Lord."

Mothers Day, not my favorite holiday.  I believe first, because I feel mothers should be appreciated and shown special attention each day, not having to set aside one special day to do so.  Falls into the same category as Fathers Day.  I realize not everyone has had a beautiful relationship with their mothers.  I know this is so, but I did, and this is my heart, my story.  I am so sorry if you are reading this and your relationship with your mom was not good, I truly am and I pray the Lord will heal your hurt from this, heal your heart. 

The Lord has done a lot of healing in my heart concerning my momma......see, she and daddy have been gone 29 years the 23rd of this month.  It is strange, I find it, that it affects me more in the weeks before than on the actual day.  Especially as tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I have the sadness evolve around me so.  The Lord has truly blessed me year after year, in so many ways.  He has given me relationships with such wonderful women who have been like a mother to me; some younger than I, but that have given me such sweet love, a mother's love; some older and they also, have loved me as a  mother would.  Listening to me, giving me that mother's attention.  I love them all so much, and I pray the Lord blesses them abundantly.

The emptiness,  when you lose a parent, and in my case, both, can be so hard.  My Lord has filled me with so much of His love, He has taken that emptiness and filled it with more of Himself.  That is what He does when we have a loss, when empty spots flood the rooms of our heart, He fills them with His love, with His special, sweet presence.  I love You so much, my Lord.  You have replaced all the hurt and loss with Your special tenderness.

Barren, yes, I am.  No children.  When I look back over my life, and see where, once again, I was to have dreams of youth, dreams of being a mother, it could be painful if not for the tenderness of the Lord.  No children of my own, but the Lord has delivered me so many throughout my lifetime that they have filled me with a contentment of motherhood.  Even people that the Lord has brought into my life that are filling my life with joy, they in a way, are children that the Lord gives me.  When there are people that the Lord gives you that you begin to love, to mother, to pray for, to desire happiness  for, they are like children, in the family of God; your children He gives you to nurture, to show love and caring for.  So in the eyes of the Lord, I am a mother, to His children.  Thank You Father.

This is not meant for anyone to feel sorry for me, no, not at all.  It is truly meant to show, once again, the love of the Lord to me, also to you.  My God is so worthy of all praise, always, all praise, as He has brought me through such painful, hurting times, and given me such joy, such peace, that all I can do is desire to worship Him more.  Holy, holy, holy are You, my Lord.  I worship You with all that is in me, with all I am, with all You have made me to be.  I thank You for teaching me to worship You.  I thank You for giving me this life You have brought me to.  I thank You for the beautiful relationship I have with You and I want to draw closer and closer to You.  You are my God; I love You so much.  I may have an empty nest in the eyes of the world, but in You, my God, I am filled to capacity, overflowing with Your love and joy.

05-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment