Friday, May 25, 2012

AFRAID TO ENTER

Psalm 63:1a  "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you...."

Does your mind throw up a stop sign in front of you when the Holy Spirit draws you, beckons you to enter into the presence of the Lord?  As you worship, pouring your heart of love out to the Lord, drawing so near, do you get so far and then stop for fear of what the Lord will see.....does the enemy taunt you with words that make you feel you will be rejected by God?

The Word tells us "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise...".  The Lord says to us "Come unto Me, I will give you rest...".  If the Holy Spirit is drawing you, to come near to the Lord, then He knows you are ready, your heart is right, you have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus of all your sins.  The Holy Spirit will not compel you to come until He has shown you if there is any unclean thing in your heart that you need to repent of; He will help you deal with all things that would hinder you from the Lord's presence.  Then as you begin to worship the Lord, from your heart, singing a new song of love and adoration, the Holy Spirit will draw you into the presence of the Lord.  DO NOT LET your mind....do not let any thoughts be present except the thoughts of being in the presence of the Lord.  He has been waiting for this moment.  The enemy will do whatever he can to prevent your connecting with God in this intimate way.  Do not pay any attention to negative thoughts....just enter in; sing, worship, praise the Lord.  Let His love wash you in joy, let His touch fill you with peace, let His fragrance penetrate your soul so you can never forget what His presence is like.  Your soul, your heart will long to be in His presence always.  Your heart's desire will draw you to return again and again to His throne room.

Your worship, your prayers will intensify as your prayer becomes that of a child wanting to be held by the Father; you will rejoice and just sing your heart's adoration to Him.  Sing, praise, dance before the King.  How He loves your attention.

So sad I feel when I hear people say they have never experienced the presence, that beautiful presence of the Lord, and I can see the longing in their eyes....hear it in their words and know in my heart they are afraid.  Some are afraid of the change it will make in their lives.  You know how some people are truly afraid to give their all, to relinquish control of their lives.  O Lord, what they are missing.  What joy they forsake, all from fear....of being truly Yours.

Let me stay, Lord, my God, my King....let me stay in Your presence forever.  Let me live inside Your courts, worship at Your feet and let me know that the manifest presence of my Creator is with me, drawing me, holding me, loving me.....eternally.

05-25-12

No comments:

Post a Comment