Thursday, May 3, 2012

THE CLOSED DOOR

Matthew 7:8  "For everyone who asks receives; he, who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Thinking this morning of how wonderful God has been to me.  The beauty of His sweet presence.  As I was just relaxing in His presence, I thought back to the time I so missed this feeling.

Strange how we, grown adults, are so susceptible to attack...to the lies of the enemy.  When we allow sin to come into our lives, we literally shut the door on our Lord.  I can see that door, as I look back, shut tightly as I fought the memories of what caused the door to shut; feeling so abandoned; so lonely, couldn't talk to anyone....wasn't my way.  I just know the door was shut between myself and my Lord.  I remember so many times standing at the door reaching out but not touching it as I heard the enemy tell me "He won't open the door...not for you".

How foolish I was!  The quiet, sweet voice inside of me kept telling me to open the door.  When I stopped to truly listen, I realized I was the only one that could open the door.  My Lord never shut that door, I had.  It was my sin that shut the door.  The Lord was waiting for me to return to Him because I loved Him. He had long forgiven me, He was waiting for my heart to seek Him alone, to return to Him, to give Him my all.

Have you stood in front of the closed door of your heart?  Open that door.  Do not fear Who is waiting on the other side.  Our Lord with His mercy and forgiveness is waiting with open arms for His child to return; for His child to come with a repetitive heart full of love for Him alone.

God never closes doors.  The doors are closed by our sin, by our actions and kept shut by our shame.  We are the only ones that can open those doors.  The moment we call out to God, His mercy flows right down to us and that door swings open.  His beautiful eyes filled with tears of joy will welcome you into His presence; once again into His wonderful presence.

05-03-12

No comments:

Post a Comment