Wednesday, May 16, 2012

THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY DAY

1 Chronicles 16:8  "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done."

I am in teaching mode again, finished teaching one assistant a couple of weeks ago and began with another young lady this week.  Yesterday, as she was leaving for the day, she said goodbye and then turned around to me again and said "Thank you for the lovely day".  It was so sweet and a really nice surprise to me.  No one I have trained has ever thanked me for a lovely day.  You have to know it made me feel real special.  When she left today, I asked her if she had another lovely day, and she told me, yes, I really did.

As I got in my car to come home, I sat there for a minute and then I said, "Thank You, Lord, for the lovely day".  So often, I believe in our tiredness, our joy at work being done for the day, we forget to thank the One, the Keeper of our day, for the lovely day.  And it doesn't really matter if you think it was out of the ordinary, or even special, but you must know in your heart, if the Lord was in it, it was a lovely day.  If the Lord, our God, is in our day, each day is lovely just because He was with us.  If you did not feel His presence with you, then it is not our Lord to blame.....He is always with us, if His presence is not felt, it is because we did not look for Him, we did not invite Him into our day, we did not expect Him.

I don't know about you, but I ask the Lord to share my day and because I am His child, and I asked, I expect Him to be in my day.  He has told me, He has told all His children, that whatsoever we ask in Jesus Name, He will do.  So I ask Him, I invite Him to share my days, my nights with me.  I always want the Lord's presence in my life, at all times.  Forgive me, Lord, for all, yes, I know there have been many, all the times I failed at the end of the day for thanking You for the lovely day your provided.  Sometimes I have let  my weariness, my lack of strength at the end of the day to consume my thoughts and have failed to look back and see the lovely ways you blessed me during it.  I am trying so, my Lord, to never fail to thank You, to show my appreciation for all You do for me all day long.  Just a smile from a stranger is a gift from You.  Traffic opening up when I approach the interstate is a gift from you.  You pour blessings out all day long, and I want to recognize You in every thing that my day holds.  You make each day lovely for me.  Your mercy, new each morning, and Your grace abounds to me each day.  Thank You, Lord, for your ever present Spirit, living in me, drawing me to You at all times.....all I have to do is ask.....all I have to do is call Your Name.....and I can rest in You right then.

Thank You, Lord, for the lovely day You have provided.  Your provide for all my needs, Your love is everything to me.....Your presence my very breath.  I love You so.

05-16-12

1 comment: