Sunday, May 20, 2012

I SURRENDER, LORD, I SURRENDER

Romans 12:2  "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is; his good, pleasing and perfect will."

This morning on the way to church, I have about a 35-40 minute drive to church, depending on traffic; on the way, the Holy Spirit began to deal with me on the things I watch on TV.  Now, most folks I know probably watch the same things on regular channels (WOW, that use to say, it was safe to watch, but that, sadly, in no longer the case), but the Lord began once again to deal with me on this.  Have you watched some things, either or TV or at the movies, things other Christians watch and told you were good, but as you watch, your spirit begins to grieve, begins to stir in you in a manner that is uncomfortable?  Now, before we go any further, let me assure you that the Lord told me in that what is okay for some to watch, and it is, but it does not mean it is okay for me or for others.  I believe the Lord deals with us individually on matters as this.  What may be perfectly okay for some to watch, will not be what the Lord wants for others.  He is showing me that when my spirit is uncomfortable, or stirring up a whirlwind inside of me, then I will know right then that I should not be watching it.  I have already scratched so many shows this past year that I use to enjoy, but no longer can enjoy for one reason or another.  If a show has so many bleeps in it then I know my spirit will be moving about restlessly, wanting me to change the channel.  I don't watch a lot of TV, and have found that I have to tape everything, mainly as commercials have gotten so bad.  Yes, you know exactly what I mean by that.  But let me get back to this morning.

The Holy Spirit began to deal with me on one show in particular.  The conclusion is tonight.  Whereas I do enjoy the show, well, I did, there are a lot of bleeps in it, so sad, and the last two standing, although good people, live a live style that I know is now of the Lord.  The Holy Spirit, in love, told me again, love the sinner and hate the sin.  But He also told me that I was not to put myself in partnership with this by watching.  It is the world's way I believe of white washing things are are not of God.  By making programs that are likable, interesting, but including so much more and more these days of what tries to white wash God's Word.  God's Word cannot be white washed, it is the same as it has always been.  God's Word does not change.  It cannot be changed just because the individuals are good people.  Love the sinner, hate the sin.  But the Lord told me, this is not for me.  I began to ask the Lord's forgiveness for ignoring the signs that the Spirit within me was giving me, working in my spirit to let me know this was a "no" for me.  I got to church a few minutes early and took out my little notebook and began to write:

"I surrender, Lord.  What some of Your children can do is not what you want for me to do.  What some are allowed to watch, to attend, to do, is not what You have called me to.  I must turn from all things that are not what You have for me.  All things that You show me are not for me to do, to watch, I must turn from.  I cannot excuse it by saying, "so and so does it".  You have other plans for me.  I must follow You into the plan for my life and not be concerned that others are allowed to do it.  Forgive me Lord for excusing it in my mind as my spirit struggled when I do these things, watch these things that You have instructed me against.  Strengthen me Holy Spirit to keep myself in my God's will alone.  Not my will but Your, O Lord.  I surrender all to You, my God."

I finished this and service began.  Then I found out why the Holy Spirit dealt with me on the way to church.  He wanted my spirit to be in right standing with my God so I could receive what He had for me in this beautiful service.  So I could move my hands back and forth like a child that could not speak the right words for what was wanted, but just indicate, "give me, give me, give me".  Give me Lord all those things You have been preparing to pour out onto me.  More strength, more power, more of You in my life.  The things You have wanted to give and I was still hedging on some of the things You wanted me to surrender, so I could be totally given unto You alone.  Thank You, Lord.  You always prepare me for what is to come, You did not want me to leave church this morning, wishing I had been in the place, right standing, to receive Your blessing....You made sure I was totally in Your will so I could receive.  Thank You, Lord.

For you, my friends......this is not to indicate that you are watching things you should not.  The Lord was very distinct about that.  He will deal with you as He did with me, on everything, that He wishes you not to do as He works in you as He does in me.  It doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong.  It is not wrong unless while you watch that TV program or that movie, the Spirit that dwells in you begins to cause rumbling in your spirit against it.  Then you will know, it's not for you.

I love You, Lord, with all my heart.  You are King over my life, Master of my heart and soul.  I surrender all my life to You, my Savior, my Beloved, my Everything.

05-20-12

No comments:

Post a Comment