Wednesday, May 9, 2012

PERFECT MEASURE

Ephesians 3:19  ".....and to know this love that surpasses knowledge....that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Last night I baked a cake for a friend's birthday; actually homemade.  I had measured out all the ingredients ahead of time; different measurements for each one that was needed for this cake.  When you bake different things, the measurement of ingredients are not all the same.  Each recipe, each plan calls for its own measurement.

A few minutes ago, the Lord brought what I had done to mind.  Last night as I was pouring each pre-measured ingredient into the bowl, the Lord showed me this was akin to what He does for us each morning.  He knows before hand what our day will bring and He has prepared just the necessary measurement of Himself that will be needed for our day.  When we wake up in the morning and begin our praises and devotions to the Lord, He begins to pour out His pre-measured gifts of Himself needed for the day.  Large portions of mercy and grace, fresh each day (like flour and sugar in the cake, larger portions than the other ingredients as that makes up the base).  So mercy and grace are a good base for our day; as there is no way we can even begin without them.  Then He pours in added faith to enhance the faith we received the day before.  I see faith like yeast perhaps, our faith gets warmed by the river of living water that the Holy Spirit brings to us, and like the yeast in warm water, it begins to bubble up inside us and grow, and grow.  Then the Lord pours in strength, healing where needed, oh, yes, Lord, more peace is poured into us and then joy.  Joy is kind of like the vanilla I added, that sweet, fragrant, delightful taste to our mouths, this is the Lord's joy.  Then like the liquid I poured into the cake, the Lord pours in love that moistens and binds all the ingredients together and makes us what He wants us to be, a blessing.  He knows just how much of each thing we need for each day; use it all up, there is more for tomorrow. Share what He gives you, mercy, grace, faith, love.

What a beautiful God I serve, that you serve.  How He takes something I have done, or am doing and weaves it into a new revelation of His glory, of His goodness to me.  He wastes nothing that I do or that I have done to show me His love and His glory.  He turns even the simplest act I do into something that will bring me closer to Him, knowing Him deeper.

Do you see this happening in your life?  I know the Lord does these things for others also.  Do you take the time to listen when He begins to speak to you?  Do you stop and write His words down, His reflections to you on how His plans, His Word has a direct action on something you did.  He relates my life to Him.  What joy this brings to me daily.  I believe He uses these things so I will write them to encourage you, my friends.  He will use your day to encourage others as you tell them what He has shown  you in them.  I love sharing my experiences with the Lord with you all.  In doing so, I am sharing His love with some, perhaps, that don't know that love very well.  I can never run out of love, joy, peace.....none of His blessings as He replenishes what I pour out daily.  The more I give and share of His love and blessings, the more He gives unto me.

All the Lord wants is a willing vessel, an open heart, sensitive to His heart and loving His children as He would have them loved.

So the next time you are baking a cake.....or hitting a golf ball....or driving down a freeway, open your heart and listen for His voice, He so loves to commune with you.

Thank You, Lord, thank You for using me.  I am so blessed by Your touch.

05-09-12

No comments:

Post a Comment