Wednesday, May 2, 2012

EARTHQUAKE OF LIFE

Psalm 112:6  "Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever."

How will you be remembered in this life?  I was reading this scripture and as I read, I thought, this is how I would like to be remembered.  As righteous, a woman who could not be shaken by the things of earth; a woman who stood steadfast in her God.  I think that would be such a blessed epitaph..."a woman who stood steadfast in her God".  What a blessed way to be remembered by those who loved you, family, friends.

Yes, I realize that is a sad thing to think, but we all, thank You Father, will one day be called by our God to come home.  "What a glorious day that will be, when my Jesus I will see, when He takes me by the hand, and leads  me to the promised land."  But I will back up here now to this day......

How do people see me today?  How do they see you?  When people  see me, do they think of me as one who cannot be shaken by this world and the things going on?  I would like to think they do.  I know I do not let the things of this earth trouble me......well, it troubles me; rather, let me say, it grieves my heart.  It does not scare me, nor should it you, for we have had ample time to prepare for it if we have been reading the Word of God.  He prepares us for trouble, for trials and temptations.  There is nothing that He has left undone, unsaid.  If we have prepared ourselves by reading the Word of God, we know of the things to come.....but we also know that He has given His peace to us, poured out onto us with His grace and mercy.  We know we have a place, a beautiful hiding place in Him; we can call out the precious Name of Jesus and He is right with us.  He has given us His Holy Spirit who abides with us constantly, always speaking the Word into us, always drawing us into the Light, always reminding us of God's great love for us.  We have had all the training of the most attuned soldiers in the world.  We are in the greatest army ever known to mankind, the Army of God, the Soldiers of the Cross, the King's Men and Women. 

I will not be shaken.  I am holding on to my Lord's hand so tightly, no one can separate me from Him.  I love my Lord so much, His Name is on my lips all the day, and His song in my heart all night.  Friends, when the shaking begins, and it will come, will you be able to stand firm?  Will you know the Name above all Names to call upon?  Will you feel the presence of our Holy God when terrors of the night come?  Will you stand.....or will you be shaken?  This is the moment, right now, to lift up your heart to the Lord and declare your trust in Him alone; plant yourself in His hands and let our Lord God deliver you from all fear of tomorrow, the unknown, and the enemy's lies.  Our God reigns on high and He loves us so dearly.  What an awesome God we serve; so faithful, so kind.  And He loves us passionately. 

I love You my God.  You see my heart.  You are my Rock, my Strong Tower in the midst of any earthquaking.  I am not afraid. I am my Father's child, His beloved child.

05-02-12

No comments:

Post a Comment