Monday, June 20, 2011

TWO PAIRS OF EYES

2 Corinthians 4:18  "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

The Lord showed me today that we each have two pairs of eyes.  First we have the physical eyes.  What we see with this pair of eyes are the earthly things, mostly as shown to us by worldly attitudes, controlled by television media, and other things the enemy uses to control our thoughts and actions.

Then He said, you have spiritual eyes.  These are the eyes given you when you come to me, repenting and receive forgiveness and mercy, new life.  Your spiritual eyes are the eyes I wish that you would always use, seeing things as I would have you see them, through My eyes, the Lord said.

If we give heed to our earthly eyes more than our spiritual eyes, we will not be able to stand in these last days.  We would have a steady stream of  earthly news resulting in depression, oppression and fear.  The news from television and newspapers are greatly used by the enemy to control our thought process and views.

Why, my Lord wonders, would we choose to look at the world as it is shown and ruled by the powers of darkness.  We know these things are the things that cause such anxiety to everyone as we watch news of destruction caused by weather, wars, evilness that moves over the face of the earth.  The Lord wants us to look above these things, see what He is showing us, trying to get us to see, through and in Him.  Look at things through His eyes, our spiritual eyes, then we can walk in all things here on earth in peace, His peace.

Father told me that He would prefer we wore blinders, like those a race horse wears when racing that keeps the horses eyes straight ahead on the track, trusting the jockey to steer his course, not seeing what danger may be coming from the sides.  He said that it would keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on Jesus who wants to guide us, show us the way along life's path, staying our course to finish the race that is before us.  With our eyes constantly on Jesus, we would not become dismayed or discouraged by what we see all around us; we would be trusting our Lord, our Savior, our Redeemer.  On track to win our race as we would only see what was in front of us and that would be the King of Kings, our Lord of Lords, the One giving His strength to hold us up, His power to overcome all in the world, and His joy to know we were in His Will.

There is no way we can get distracted by the wiles of the world when we have our eyes fixed on our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus.  Eyes need to be trained.  Just like when we were babies, our eyes needed to learn how to focus and let things become clear.  So it is now, as we train our eyes to stay on what is good, what is holy, what is of the Lord.  The only way to do that is to stay in the Light He sheds on us, not giving way to what we see in the world.  If we are seeing too much of the world, we are sliding away from what the Lord is calling us to.  Pull those eyes into submission of the Will of the Father.  Keep them focused.  Keep them on Jesus.

Precious Lord, I have my eyes focused on You.  The Holy Spirit, my gentle guiding Spirit, has taught me to submit my eyes to Your Will, training them to look on the things that You would have me see, to keep them from worldly sights.  I am training my physical eyes to see exactly as my spiritual eyes do, it is not always easy, but the more I determine that I will keep my eyes on Jesus, the easier it becomes.  I will see through Your eyes, Lord, Your eyes that see the good in people, the beauty on earth, the love that You pour out on me and Your children, and the blessings given in Your Word.

I will run this race Father, by keeping my eyes on Jesus, I will run and I will win my race.  The race that takes me from this life into eternal life with You.  And there I will see with my spiritual eyes, the face I have hungered to see for so long.  You allow me to see so much of Your beauty now, just as You have put on earth for us to see, but I know there is so much more beauty to behold.  This 20th day of June, 2011, I am focusing my eyes on You, my Lord, anxious for the day I will see the eyes of my precious Bridegroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment