Sunday, June 19, 2011

LOVE STORY

1 Chronicles 16:34b   "His love endures for ever."

There was a song that came from a movie many years ago, "Where do I begin to tell the story of how great a love can be, the sweet love story that is older than the sea....".  I was actually sitting in church this morning when the words Love Story dropped into my spirit, and the words of the song began to play in my mind. 

The only way I would even know to begin to tell of Your love for me, my Lord, is at the beginning.  You were there at the beginning of creation and You will always be.  There will never be a time when You are not present or not seeing over Your creation and Your children.  Your Word tells me that You have loved me from before I was born and that love will never change.  No matter what I do, or fail to do, Your love will remain the same; steadfast and true. 

You, my Lord, gave the ultimate gift of love when You gave Your life to redeem mine, all the children of God; lives redeemed because You took all our sins upon Yourself at Calvary.  That love, such a great love.  The story of Your love is so old, hundreds and hundreds of years old, but it is as real and new today as it was back then.  The story never changes, You never change, Your love never changes.  It is given without reservation from You, Lord.  You give everyone the same opportunity to receive Your love, to love You in return and to receive Your gifts; Your many blessings. 

The wonderful part of this love story is that it is passed down from generation to generation, people witnessing to the love of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son and the beautiful Holy Spirit that never leaves us.  Each generation gaining insight to the love, the beautiful love and finding out for themselves how the Lord loves them.  Their own story beginning, fresh, individual knowledge of this love, not some tale from years back, but a love that is now, present, flowing through them from the Father above.  Individual experiences of ones that have felt Your presence on their lives, healing, restoring, loving them.

My Lord, I know You love me.  To me the greatest love story begins when the realization of what real love is comes to us.  Finding out what happens when everything seems lost, when you feel so all alone and so unloved.  Then the warmth of a special love begins to penetrate your body, a glow comes all over you and you realize that you are loved with a love that will never stop, a love that is lasting, a love that brings joy with it.  Your love, O God, is the love that is real; love that gives real hope and promise to all, I have felt it so many times.  Your love comes on me when I get weary, giving me strength; it comes on me at night when lonliness would appear, wrapping Your arms around me, giving me comfort; Your love comes on me when I worship You, telling me how pleased You are with me, how I have blessed You with my song, with my heart of love.

You, my Lord, my Bridegroom, are the most romantic love I have ever known.  You know exactly what to say, what feelings to give me; You let me feel Your heart, You surround me with Your presence and sing to me reaching inside my soul to give me such warmth, such a glow of love, of contentment, of joy.  Have I told You how much You mean to me?  Have I told You that I cannot live, do not want to live, without Your love, without Your presence in my life, every day, every minute.  You mean everything to me; not a moment goes by that I do not think of You.  It doesn't matter what I am doing, You are constantly on my mind, edging everything out, pressing me to draw near to You, to come wherever You are, to stay with You.  We do spend such wonderful moments together, Lord Jesus.  You take me to such heights of glory showing me how much You love me, explaining things of the kingdom to me, blessing me with Your gentleness, Your beauty.  How I love You.  How I adore You.

This 19th day of June, 2011, I am living in the greatest love story every told, every known to man; it is available to all who would listen, who would live it, who would receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment