Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HE COMMANDS MY WAYS

Jeremiah 7:23b  "Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you."

Each morning, I pray and ask the Lord to take control of my day, that I speak His words, not mine, and that I do His will, not mine.  I have done this for some time now, prayed these thoughts, desires that I reflect just Him and not me.  And today, I read I am commanded to do this.  To walk in the ways He plans for me, the ways that He gives me to walk, not my way, but His alone.  As I have done just that, my life has become smoother.  Not to say that the enemy still does not work on me overtime some days, but I find it easier to not get dismayed when these attacks come.  Last night, I must confess the enemy had me going for a while.  You know how it can be, when the Lord is directing you to do something, as with me, to move to Dallas.  He has arranged my job transfer, solidified that complete with so many blessings on top of it, like icing on a cake.  Such blessings. 

So much involved though, packing; been doing that now for days.  I gave away about half or more of my material today, all the time telling myself, I will not cry, I will not cry....but I know I will not be using it as I once was and it will be used for the benefit of so many now.  More will be given away on Saturday until the bulk of it is gone.   I cannot keep all this stuff as the Lord desires for me to move on to what He has planned for me now, in this season  of my life.  But with packing, there will also be truck rental, someone to drive it to Dallas, still a house to find....well, you can see how much is still to be done by the end of July.  So to get back to where this started, the enemy was dealing me blow after blow, trying to put worry and stress on me.  For a while, he was succeeding until the Lord drew me back to His side, pouring His peace and grace upon me.  Once again, telling me, "give Me this burden, I will take care of it, I will handle things".  I know the Lord never leads you to a door that He does not open and walk you through it, with everything necessary to accomplish what He wants you to do.    His ways, not mine.

Since my Father has commanded my ways, my life has become less complicated.  I know that all I need to do each day is prepare myself in His Word, gird myself with His righteousness, cloak myself in His love, and set out on my way, looking forward to whatever He puts in my day.  I know that all the things in my day will have been looked over, set right, and secured for me.  I know there will be nothing that will surprise my Lord, He knows everything that will happen and is prepared to take me through what ever it is. No surprises, nothing to upset the plan for that day.  I just have to willingly follow Him and let Him take care of what comes to me.

My Lord, my precious Lord, I have nothing to fear; I know You never leave me alone, and that Your Holy Spirit is residing in me, drawing me to You, wooing me into Your presence with my worship, my love for You.  I love You so much, Lord.  Sometimes I feel my heart will not be able to contain all that I feel for You, like it will burst.  You deserve so much honor, my Jesus, so much glory.  You are so worthy of all my praise, all my worship.  I am so thankful each day for all You do for me, all the blessings You give me.  I am so thankful for Your love, Your precious presence. 

Just Your presence, my Lord, gives me such a desire to always follow you commands.  I cannot live without Your presence, Your touch on my life.  I will follow You wherever You lead me.  I will follow the commands You put forth for me each day.  I know You will give me wisdom to understand, perhaps not all at once, but as You feel I will be able to contain things.  Thank You for such wisdom, such guidance. 

This 22nd day of June, 2011, I just want to give You all my love, my life and thanksgiving that You, my Lord, command my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment