Saturday, June 25, 2011

DAVID'S LEGACY

Psalm 150:6  "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord."

I love the Psalms.  I don't think there is one sentence that doesn't touch me.  As I read the story of David from the time Samuel annointed him at an early age to the end of his life, to the songs of worship he sang to the Lord in Psalm.  David was more than a king on earth.  He was a man who loved the Lord.  Yes, David sinned, greatly at times, but the Lord loved David because although he sinned, his heart never changed toward the Lord.  He always loved God. 

I can see David shepherding his sheep, laying at night under a tree on the cool grass, looking into the sky at the stars, wondering about His God, loving Him so much that songs rising from his spirit lifted up to the heavens to the Lord.  Singing of his love for Him, singing praises, giving glory and honor to the true God of his heart.  Can you see David, running for his life from Saul, so confused as to what he had done wrong but be faithful to his king, but knowing that the king wanted to kill him.  Looking to God for his protection, looking to the Lord for vindication.  But never did he stop praising the Lord; no matter how things turned from bad to worse, David still praised the Lord, worshiped with spirit and truth, a heart wholly seeking the Lord.

What David did, in his writings of his music, the singing of his songs, the playing of his instruments to the Lord, continual worship no matter what his life was going through, David left a message to us, he left us a legacy to follow.  It doesn't matter what we are going through, God never changes.  Our Heavenly Father never distances Himself from us, He is always right by our side; it is we that move away.  It is we that let situations of life, circumstances of self, distract us from our Lord's leadings, His calling to us, "Walk this way, Follow Me".  We stop listening, we stop seeking His face, we begin to fear, have doubt, confusion. 

The legacy of David shows us that if we continue to worship and praise our Lord during the good times, never forgetting to thank Him for all He blesses us with, if we will do this when things are good, always, then when things begin to come on us, when the enemy begins to pour out his vats of pain, doubt, confusion and frustration, our spirits will be so in tune with worshp and praise to our God, that it will automatically rise from the depths of our souls singing out to the Lord, louder and louder till it returns to us through our ears and begins to calm those uneasy thoughts and feelings within.  There will never be a time when we should not worship, when we should not be praising and thanking our Lord.  He waits to see what we will do when the enemy is pressuring us with greater and greater trials; will we begin to wail and criticize our God?  Do we blame Him for what is going on?  Or do we look to Him, seeking His face, calling out to Him in love and thanksgiving.  Singing to Him a new song from our hearts.   This is what David did.  David knew the way to the Lord's heart, what was sweet to the ear of our Father, were the songs of worship, the expressions of love to Him alone, the never ending words of love, of thanks for His faithfulness to him.

My Lord, how I love You.  I thank You for David's legacy; I thank You that it is a part of the Holy Word given to us for example, showing us that You never leave those that love You, You are always intuned to the songs of worship and praise from those children that love You so much.  Your blessings are ready to be poured out on those that worship You.  You have a very special place in Your heart for those of us that are Your worshipers, that have decided to make it their life, worshiping You.  You have called us out to be set aside for You, special children that will worship You no matter what happens in their lives, no matter how tired they are, how weary or beat down by the enemy, we will worship You, day, night, continually.

I worship You my Lord, I worship You Pappa.  I love to sing songs of love to You, You never fail to come to spend time with me when You hear my voice rise up to You in love and song.  I would wish that everyone would worship You, my Lord.  I know that is Your desire, Your heart, to hear worship rise up from the earth from all Your children.  I will keep showing others how to worship You my Lord as I know Your other worshipers will also.  We will be an example of worship to You for all to see.  Never will I fail to worship You.  This 25th day of June, 2011, I am worshiping You in spirit and truth; from my heart, my soul, my spirit, I sing songs of love to only You, my King, my Beloved Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pat for sharing these thoughts and This psalm is also one of my favorite psalms. Keep on keeping writing my friend!

    ReplyDelete