Friday, June 17, 2011

STEADFAST HEART

Psalm 57:7  "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music."

I would truly love to play the piano.  The keyboard, something to sing along to.  Years ago, when I lived in Louisiana, I took piano lessons for about six months.  Learning chords.  I could always pick out music by ear with my right hand, the melody, but did not know what to do with the left hand.  So I took lessons. I had found a lady two blocks from my house and it was easy to go there after work one night a week.  I actually was able to play some nice pieces, but then she quit private teaching; she went back to teaching in schools and no longer had the time.  I was very disappointed; and things were not such as I had quiet time at home to truly practice and learn on my own.

So I sing.  No, that is a mis-statement.  I worship.  I make music to my Lord, to my Papa.  Majestic songs of praise and worship in church, as that is what is led.  So often I find them too fast, asking if we could possibly slow them down some to make them into true worship, and sometimes we do.  But I do my part, Lord, so trying to get Your children to give You their hearts through worship; some get it, some don't.  But in my home, in my car, I worship to you from my heart.  During the night when I awake, I sing to you songs of love, songs of adoration.  It will not stop.  My heart is steadfast as I am secure in Your love for me, I am secure in my love for You.  I am secure in my salvation given me by my Jesus, Your Son.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, how I love Your Name, Jesus.  I will worship You, all my days.

Your heart is my desire Lord.  I want to feel Your heart intwined with mine.  I want to know Your thoughts if you care to share then with me.  I pray so, if only those thoughts for me.  But if not, I am content to let You weave the pieces of my life together in Your plans for me.  I will flow with the tides of Your oceans of love, the waves of peace that roll over me as I feel Your presence all around.  How can I ever be discontent with my life, with You so evident in all aspects of it.  You not only fill my live with Your love, with Your joy, but You orchestrate every day of it and let me see Your glory shining through.  You never fail to let me see Your hand in my days, to show  me, "Look my child, my beloved, I have done this, rest in this for it is I moving it around for you".  How many times I have heard that voice in my spirit telling me, "walk this way, it is the way I have prepared for you".

Trust and obey.  There is no other way.  So many people love You Lord, and I am always surprised when they don't seem to trust You.  They still worry, they fret.  How sad I find this Papa, that they are missing out on all the benefits of Your love.  You love us, but there are benefits of that love that is given when we completely trust You, truthfully obey You, and give our lives over to Your control.  I am benefiting in the most wonderful life I have ever known, just because I have completely given You my life, I trust You with every part of it and I will obey Your Word; Your commands to me.  I can only pray for them and be witness to Your goodness and mercy.

My heart, my steadfast heart, is centered on You, it is anchored in Your love.  I love You so much my Lord, You give me so much happiness, so much peace.  I have a calmness that surpasses everything I have every known.  You, my Lord, my sweet Papa, are all I want, all I need.  This 17th day of June, 2011, I am leaning on You, the Solid Rock of my life, the Foundation of my steadfast heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment