Thursday, June 2, 2011

THE SECRET GARDEN

Song of Songs 4:15  (Message)  "Dear lover and friend, you're a secret garden, a private and pure fountain."

A gentle hand reached out from the veil that was rent in two and took my hand in His.  He drew me through the opening into a lush garden, the beauty of it so hard to describe.  I have never seen such a magnificent garden.  There were flowers of every kind, colors so brilliant, some colors I had never seen before.  Beautiful flowers overflowing everywhere.  Lush grasses beneath my feet.  The sky, I don't know, I don't recall seeing the sky.  The Light is so bright it is hurting my eyes but I looked at the Hand holding mine and followed upwards to see who was holding my hand so softly yet firmly.  I looked into the softest eyes I have ever beheld and as I gazed at Him, the Light softened into a gentle glow all about Him, about my Lord.  My Lord led me over to a small bench nestled among the flowers; He sat down and summoned me to sit beside Him, but I cannot.....it doesn't seem right, I cannot....He is so Holy....I fall beside His feet instead.  As He placed His hand upon my shoulder, He began to speak to me in such a voice, such a melodious voice.

"My beloved, you have been given favor by the Father.  Because of your love for Me, your worship and praise, My Father has placed you above where you place yourself.  I place you above where you place yourself.  It is time for you to forget who you were, who and what you use to be and accept who you are in Me, in the Father; who you have been made through My love and My grace.  Your mind, let it know and accept what is in your heart, the desire and longing for Me in your heart.  No longer the heart and soul of the past, so let your mind move past all that stuff of the past, it is long forgotten by Me and My Father.  We only see the beloved one that longs to be in My presence, that lives to worship Me.  Don't let the enemy affect you any more with all the past things.  For he can no longer harm you.  You are safe in Me, with Me."

Then He was silent.  We just sat there listening to the beautiful songs of the birds that seemed to appear.  I had not noticed them before.  I began to notice some animals, some big, some small.  But I was not afraid, they were big, but not scary, they were gentle.  A lion, a lion; there was a lion; he came up and nuzzled my Lord and moved on.  There was nothing but perfect peace, I felt nothing but peace.

I began to hear a beautiful song being sung and realized it was my Lord singing to me.  I did not know what to say; I just listened and let the song lift me in its melody.  Then the Lord touched my mouth and I began to sing with Him.  I don't know the words He was singing as I could only hear what was coming from my heart; Holy, Holy, Holy, my Lord, You are Holy, You are Worthy, so Worthy, I give You all my worship, Lord, You are a Holy God, so Holy, so Holy, I love You, I love You, I love You.

When we finished the song, the music still played, softly.  I began to inhale the most exotic fragrance and knew it was not the flowers but the pure love essence from my Lord.  If there is a smell for love, I know it is this, this glorious fragrance that was my Lord, His love.  I heard my Lord speak, "Come up here, come up here", and He drew me from my place at His feet and sat me beside Him on that little bench.  He placed His arm around me and drew my head to rest on His shoulder.   I could only weep, from the Glory of my Lord, the Glory of my Beloved, from a place of honor beside the Honored One, beside my Bridegroom, My love.

I was at work when this took place, it was this morning, the 2nd day of June, 2011.  I discovered I was sitting at my desk weeping.  I don't know how long I was in the "secret garden" but it was beautiful.  Again this afternoon, after a stressful day, I was driving home and the Lord took me for an instant back to the "garden", showing me that when I needed His peace, all I had to do was step inside the "secret garden" and I would always find Him waiting for me there, waiting to flood my being again with His presence and His peace and the beautiful fragrance of His love.  My Lord will always be found by me, as I will always be seeking Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment