Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MY COUNTRY 'TIS OF THEE

Psalm 142:5  "I cry to you, O Lord; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."

Indulge me for a few days, Lord, as I near my birthday, the birth also of our nation, as I come to You in prayer asking for Your touch once again on our nation.  This is the country I grew up in and I love my country.  I love the freedom that has been given to us, by You, in this land.  You drew people to this land to settle, to develop the land, to live in peace.  Your hand has been on our land, on our country for so long.  But, Lord, it is so grievous to me, and I know it as well to You, the things that are going on.  Our land is taking on the properties of Sodom and Gomorrah.  The people are living for today, no thoughts of eternity, no thoughts of their souls.

I turn older on the 4th dear Lord. You know how old I am, You have reassured me that my age has nothing to do with what the plans are for me, what You have desired for me in the coming years.  I feel wonderful, dear Lord, as I know Your hand is on me.  My health is good, my heart is joyful and at peace and my spirit so content in You, so complete in Your Spirit.  What joy fills me each day as I go my way knowing You are controlling each aspect of my day.

This country also turns older on the 4th.  My country, Lord, is not doing as well as I am.  There is unrest, drought, floods, death and disease.  The prince of darkness has been having a field day.  What is so sad, is that he is the one I see so many welcoming into their lives.  Sin, sin, sin.  In every facet of life, there is so much sin.  And the horrible thing Father, is that they make it look right.  They actually try to make wrong, right and right, wrong.  Just as Your Word says it will be in the end times.  They want to completely erase You, Your Name from all aspects of our government, our schools, and it will soon be in our churches.  How long, Lord, will You allow these things to take place before You return to wipe out sin, to wipe out those who curse Your Holy Name? 

My God, I cry out to You to heal this land, to bring back justice to our land.  I ask You to establish Your kingdom, Your laws back in our land.  Let Your law be the law of our country again.  This land was established in Your Name, nothing was done without including You in the process.  I want that again.  I include You in all I do, and I am blessed.  I want my country to be blessed and I know that this will not happen without it's people turning back to You.  Coming back to worship and praise You, to give You all the glory for their prosperity, the blessings they have enjoyed living in America.

My country, 'tis of Thee, 'tis of You, my God.  But for You, this country would be another third world country.  But You have blessed this land, You have given us freedom, kept us safe.  But for how long....I know just like You do with individuals, You give freedom of choice to countries' peoples.  And if this country peoples do not repent and turn back to You, .....I don't like to think of what will happen.

I do know, that no matter what happens, You will keep Your children safe.  I do not have to fear as I am hidden in the deepness of You.  You will protect me as well as Your other children.  We will keep worshiping You, thanking You, lifting Your Name high above all others.  I give You the glory, my God, for You are so worthy of all praise, all honor, all my worship.  I love You, Father, I will always love You and I will always tell of Your greatness, of Your mercy and grace.

This 29th day of June, 2011, I am singing Your praises, I am thanking You for Your hand on this land, my country, coming soon to celebrate it's birthday, with me.  I pray my country will be as blessed as I am, blessed by my Beloved Pappa.

No comments:

Post a Comment