Thursday, June 9, 2011

IN HIS IMAGE

Hebrews 1:3 (Message) "The Son perfectly mirrors God and is stamped with God's nature.  He holds everything together by what he says - powerful words!

Jesus is the centerpiece of everything.  He makes all things come together in the Father.  We were made in God's image.  When we walk in the way of the Lord we are striving to be the image of Jesus, that our lives reflect Him; that people see Jesus in us. 

That is why I have such battles, why you have them.  How a seemingly perfect day can turn into horror by noon time.  Why all the powers of the enemy hit you with all the forces of earth.  The enemy sees the Light coming from us, radiating from our eyes that show so openly the love of our hearts, the desire of our soul for our Lord.  No way will the enemy not try and stop us from drawing others to that Light. 

I really believe that satan is not so interested in me anymore, as he knows I am not going to allow him to take me from my Lord.  I feel he is more concerned about my witness to others.  It is the others he wants to keep from the Light.  If he can put calamity in my day, in your day, distract us from our goal, put stress wrinkles across our forehead instead of that glow we normally have, he has succeeded.  When we allow the stresses and burdens that the enemy puts on us; our Lord does not put these things on us; our light begins to diminish, as worry does that.  That is why it is so important that we give all these worries and concerns right to our Lord.  The only way we can show, produce that image reflection of our Lord is to let those things go to the One, our Lord, who is capable of handling these spiritual attacks.  He tells us to cast all our burdens on Him.  He knew it would be necessary as we would become so burdened we would lose sight of His purpose for our lives.  We would be too caught up in the cares of the day.  Almost like a "catch and release" thing, that instantaeous movement as we get caught up in the troubles of our lives that the enemy puts on us, the snares he sets for us, immediately release those things to the Lord for His taking care of.  He is so eager to take care of all our cares, all our concerns.  Our Lord wants us free to worship Him, to spend our time ministering to those He puts in our care, to those He sends our way.  He want those people to see the Light of His love, His peace and His joy coming from us.  This is the image that He desires for us.  He wants His image to be what people see when they look at us.

My Jesus, my Savior, there is none like You. You mean everything to me, You are my life, You reside in my heart, my soul.  My spirit longs for You every moment.  I love You, Lord.  This 9th day of June, 2011, I give You all the honor, all the glory.  I pray Lord, each day, I begin more and more to be a reflection of Your Image.

No comments:

Post a Comment