Wednesday, June 8, 2011

THE TREASURE CHEST

Colossians 2:2-3  "My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ.  In whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

It is beginning to seem that I cannot read the Word without tears welling up in my eyes.  This precious book that holds the words of my Lord, pouring out into my spirit as I read it, touching my heart with the realization that long before I ever came to be, my Lord, my wonderful Lord, knew just what I would need to know, just the encouragement I would need to walk with Him each day.  Father knew that we could not possibly walk through the valleys we would find before us, not being able to lay eyes on the One that loves us so much, the One that we worship and love with all our hearts, without having words of encouragement to give us strength.  We would need to have faith grow inside our hearts, our minds and our spirits to know that although we can not see Him, He is never away from us, He is always just waiting for us to call on Him.  A song that I like says "He is just a prayer away".  I love that thought, knowing that when I speak His name, He is there.

Through the Word, we gain wisdom, but that wisdom will only come after giving ourselves wholly unto the Lord, keeping nothing back for ourselves, but pledging our total love and commitment unto Him.  Commit our lives to Him, giving Him total access to our hearts, our minds to cleanse us from any unrighteousness, any sin that may reside within; repenting daily when sinful thoughts or actions come upon us, in mind or deed, asking forgiveness and restoration.  Failing to do so immediately will result in a failure to totally understand the will of the Lord for our lives.  It will cause a blur to come over our eyes where we cannot see Him clearly until we do repent and ask His forgiveness.  Bowing before Him, asking for His restoration of our lives will bring the clarity of His Word back to us, opening that channel between the Father and our spirits once again.  When we fail to respond immediately in repentance we leave the door open for the enemy to enter in and begin his dirty work against us.  Thank you my Lord, that You come just when we call out to you.  When we need You, You are always with us.

The Word of God, don't you love that the words of our Jesus, are written in red.  I believe red was chosen to signify the blood shed, making His words so precious, so beautiful, so meaningful.  The words of our Lord written in red to give us the most important lessons to be learned, straight from the mouth of the Master Himself.  Words that would give us life, words that would heal our sickness, our broken spirits, words that would give us joy unspeakable and words that would pour peace into us like a river that never ceases to flow. His very words to give us meaning and understanding of His will for our lives.  The understanding of these words, the receiving of these words into our spirits, to forever be written on the walls of our hearts, words of Jesus written so long ago, but meant for us today, to tell of His mighty, unconditional love that would be the salvation of us all, those who would chose to follow Him, chose to love Him, chose to worship Him.

Months ago, the Lord gave me these words:   "The Lord has a treasure chest - and you are the jewel - invaluable, irreplaceable, which fills it.  He has a special place where He keeps that treasure chest.  It is held tightly, securely where no one can ever steal you away because they would have to take Him in order to get to you.  The Vault holding His treasure chest is called LOVE.  The place is His HEART.  To gain entrance, call His Name, JESUS".

This 8th day of June, 2011, my Lord, I thank You for the Treasure Chest of Your Word.  Such treasures cannot be found any place other than that precious Word.  I love You, my Lord.  I receive such joy when I worship You, when I find You in that place of worship as You come down to be with me when You hear me call Your name so sweetly, so lovingly.  You are my Treasure, my Lord, the only Treasure that I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment