Sunday, June 26, 2011

DWELLING WITH THE MOST HIGH

Psalm 91:9,10  "If you make the Most High your dwelling, even the Lord, who is my refuge, then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent."

This is one of my favorite Psalms.  There are so many that truly touch my heart but this one tells me what will happen when I make the Most High  my dwelling; when I place my heart in His hands, when I lean on Him.  My Father promises so many things in this one chapter.  Just for dwelling in the shelter of the Most High, Almighty God, He will keep me from harm.  He will not let anything harm me, nothing will hurt me.  The Word says that His faithfulness will be my shield and I will not fear in the night.  I know people that are so fearful in the night.  The enemy tried to do that to me after Robert died.  But I had spent so many nights alone while he was in the hospital, not resting well, fearful of what might happen, but not fearful for myself.  And since then, I lock the doors at night, climb into bed, spend time with the Lord and go to sleep.  I know that my Pappa will be keeping watch over me as I rest.  What have I to fear?  I trust Him completely.

Because I love Him, the Lord says, He will rescue me, protect me; if I call, He will answer me.  Do you know what it is like to call out for the Lord and know deep in your heart He will answer you.  I know He will answer me, I know He knows my name, who I am; He knows I am His worshiper.  He knows my voice, listens for it to call His name, He loves it now that I am comfortable calling Him Pappa.  It draws me so close to Him when I whisper Pappa, calling to Him with love, in adoration of Him, knowing He will come.  He loves knowing we are confident in Him, that we know Him, that I know when I call His name, He will come.  The Lord wants us to be assured that when we call, He will come.  He does not want a half hearted call to Him, not knowing if He will answer or not.  That is a sign of little faith; the Lord rewards those that have complete faith in Him; that acknowledgement of knowing that He loves us so much and He is waiting to bless us, if we will but call on Him.

Because I love Him, my Lord will be with me in trouble, He will deliver me and He will honor me.  Me, the Word says, He will honor me.  Then at the last, Pappa says He will satisfy me with long life and show me His salvation.  He is not done with me.  At my age, He is moving me to begin a new adventure with Him.  He has work for me to do, ministering to do in His name, touching lifes as I did here, showing them the love of the God who wants them to come to Him, call to Him, love Him.  He wants me to share His compassion, His grace with those in need.  I know He has special assignments for me just waiting for me to get there.  It will be soon, so soon.  Thank You, Pappa.

I love you so much.  I want my life to bless You, Lord.  I want to give You praise, I want to give worship only unto You, I adore You.  I have nothing in my life that is more important than worshiping You, my God.  I live for Your presence, for Your touch.  There is not a day or night that goes by that I do not seek Your face, that I do not want to sit with You.  This 26th day of June, 2011, I know that my dwelling place is with You, Lord; in You, sheltered by You.  In my life, be glorified, in my life, be blessed.  Pappa, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment