Monday, February 14, 2011

WHO IS THIS KING OF GLORY!

Psalm 24:10  "Who is He, this King of glory?  The Lord Almighty....He is the King of Glory."

I have waited all weekend for this day, this day that everyone in our country and several other countries celebrate as Valentines Day.  It is basically what a number of people would call a pagan holiday.  A day people celebrate love, giving love, receiving love.  But as I was thinking about it, I realized that everyday this is just what goes on between God and His children.  The giving of His love, His receiving of our love, and back again to us, to Him. This goes on every day, there is not one day a year for this act of love but every day, always.

Thinking on this, I wondered, Who is He, that no matter what we do, He loves us.  This King of Glory, so magnificent and marvelous, our God, Who is He, that He would love us so much. That He would love me so much.

Who is this King of Glory?  He is the King of Kings, He reigns over all principalities on earth, He is the Great I Am.  He is a Friend to the friendless, He is the Father of all.  He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.  So faithful to us, He knew our beginning and He alone knows our end.  He already knows what we will walk through and is prepared to help us, our Lord Jesus, having been here on earth and subjected to the same trials and temptations as we.  We have the opportunity to study the Word, to see how He withstood temptation, how He overcame trials, to follow His example. He never lost sight of where He was going, of Who He was in the Father.  He encourages us as He knows what we will have to endure to finish the race.

This King of Glory, He is the mender of broken hearts.  Giving us the Comforter to reside in us, the precious Holy Spirit.  We were not left alone, the Holy Spirit always with us.  He is our Provider, seeing to all our needs, taking care of all necessities, our not having to worry and He, always sustaining us.  He is the Restorer of dreams, our futures.  His Word tells us that He knows the plans He has for us, plans to give us hope and a future.  He has seen to our futures, all we have to do is place ourselves into His Hands, let Him lead us in His way.

Our Lord, this King of Glory, is the Joy Maker, thrilling us with His presence when we worship and adore Him.  He spends time with us, flooding our beings with joy unspeakable, words failing to be able to explain the feeling He gives us when He descends like a flood from Heaven onto us.  He is the Peace Giver.  There is never a moment of worry or stress when you are in the Lord, deeply encased into His presence, nothing but complete peace, no fear, just perfect trust bringing His perfect peace.

Beautiful King of Glory, this is the part I have waited for.  You are Love Unconditional.  Love that has no bounds, no height, no depth, no distance.  Love that outweighs all sin, forges all misunderstanding, it is uncompromising, this love never wavers, it is a constant flow of perfection; totally unconditional.  I had to do nothing to receive it, can do nothing to stop it.  I received this love before I was born.  You asked for nothing in return.  You hoped for something, but asked for nothing.  The choice was mine.

I chose to love You in return.  I chose to give You all my love, all my heart, all my being.  I chose to follow You and give You all my devotion.  I chose You, my life is in You.  You are all I desire.

Who is this KING OF GLORY?  He is my God, He is my Jesus, He is my Holy Spirit.  And WHO AM I?  I am His Beloved.  On this Valentines Day, my Lord, this pagan day of hearts, I am reminded that You can be glorified in all things on earth when Your children give it unto You.  I give You this day as I do each day, with all my love, from me to my One True Love, You, my God; this 14th day of February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment