Friday, February 25, 2011

SWIFTLY GO THE YEARS

Proverbs 9:11 "For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. "

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that we are in March next Tuesday.  Wasn't yesterday Christmas? Even last Christmas seemed to arrive before it should have.  Now, we are almost in March, the third month of the new year.  The new year, it just began a few days ago, it seems like.  Time is indeed swiftly passing.  And with the days, months, years....my life.  I turn another year older in a few months. I would have said six months, but with time going as fast as it is, it will seem like only a few months. And it will be here. I am having a difficult time realizing I am going to be that old.

Does age do that to anyone but me?  Most of the time I forget to ask for a senior discount because it is hard to consider myself a senior.  But I have been, according to AARP for some time now.  I surely need to begin to remember asking for the discounts I am so entitled to.  But when doing that, I remember how old I am.

My Father, the same wonderful Father we all share, I do so like to consider Him my Father, and I am sure you feel the same.  It is more personal when you say "My Father", and I have a very personal relationship with Him. So, if you don't mind, please understand my calling Him, mine.  My Father, as I was saying has told me that there are things I will be doing for Him.  He has shown me where He will have me be in the near future.  I am so wanting to be there and I am beginning to do the things He has shown me I need to do to prepare.  But the enemy has been knocking at my mind with his thoughts I don't want to know.  For instance, he says, "how are you going to do all these things at your age?; or do you think you will stay healthy enough to do this?"  There are more comments but you get the idea.  I, in my normal routine when satan trys to tell me his lies, just brush him off and go about my business. But it makes me weary just the constant of it all.  I know I am getting old, and I know it will be a lot of work to pack up and go where the Lord leads, but you know what, I am going to do it.

How many times do you get a chance to pick up and go where the Lord leads.  Go where He has a new plan for you.  Well, let's say, it is a new plan to me.   My God had this plan for my life long before, possibly before I was born.  He knew He would lead me to another place, to do work for Him, and He knew I would go.  As I remember my life, I would think He would have had some doubts in me along the way, but then I remember, He knows everything that is in our lives, past, present and the future.  So yes, He did know I would go wherever He would lead me.  I think after we moved to South Dakota for those few years, not knowing anyone in that little town, just go because He led us there to work for Him; well, I learned that when He calls you to do something, He prepares the way for you to do it.  So I have no doubt that the way will be prepared.

But back to the years.  The quickly passing years.  Scripture tells me that in God my days will be many, and that He will add years to my life.  So I know from this He already has a long life planned for me, and He will add even more years to those.  So figuring it that way, I am just in my prime years.  If you think of it that way for your life, those of  you in the Lord, you can add years to your life also.  When God calls you to do something, He is going to see that there is plenty of time for you to accomplish what He has for you to do. 

All jobs in the kingdom are important.  I believe they are all equally important as they usually pertain to worship or witnessing.  I would put evangelizing in the category of witnessing as they are witnesses to the salvation of the Lord and to eternal life with the Father.  Worship is, I believe, my best suit, but I truly feel that we are all witnesses, we witness through the lifes we live.  How we deal with day to day situations, what we speak, how we act.  People can tell in a minute if you are a child of the Lord, and what kind of relationship you have with Him.  So I am a witness also.  But....I love to worship.  I know the Lord will have me doing both, but I certainly pray my main job for Him is worshiping.  There is nothing I love more than worshiping my God, giving Him the glory for what He has done for me, how He has raised me up to worship Him.

My age, in worldly years is moving.  But my life in the Lord is just beginning.  It is a life fresh and new, full of wonder and hope in the Lord as I wait to see what He will do with me.  What He will do with the creation He has made of me, His worshiper.  I will worship Him all the rest of my days, and from what the Lord has said, they will be many.  An exciting time ahead of me, ahead of all of us in the Lord as He uses each of us to further His kingdom, to prepare the way for the return of our Lord Jesus.  Work that will glorify the Father, honor the Son, and show the Holy Spirit's work in us.  Blessed I am to be chosen by my Father for His purposes.

My God, You are so worthy of all my worship, all my praise.  I praise You, Lord, just for who You are.  Just because I love You, just because You love me.  Nothing else, just because You are.  I love You will all my being, You mean everything to me.  You have given me life, new life, with added years in which I can glorify You, my love, my Lord.  This 25th day of February, 2011, I thank You for new years to my life, my life in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment