Monday, February 21, 2011

HEAVEN'S GATE

Genesis 28:17 (Message) "He was terrified. He whispered in awe. "Incredible. Wonderful. Holy. This is God's House. This is the Gate of Heaven."

The words for my post tonight were not as forthcoming as usual. Normally, I will get the title earlier in the day but today, nothing. I had decided that tonight I would be just worshiping my God, loving and ministering to Him, which I love to do, but normally it is planned, with my telling the Lord, that this night I will be giving unto Him, instead of Him giving to me.  I am so blessed when I can just worship and praise my God.  So tonight, I was listening to a song, a new song, so beautiful, so annointed.  The Lord spoke into my spirit the words "Heaven's Gate".  So I knew that was it.  He is never late, I only get a tad anxious sometimes. He spoils me when He gives me the title early on, but he is never late. He is so faithful to provide the words for these posts as He leads me to doing them.

So I had Heaven's Gate.  As I was listening to the next song played, the Lord begin to show me what this Heaven's Gate meant.  I saw a large gate, and all I saw was the gate.  It was so wide I could not see the sides end, and the top of the gate went up into, well, I did not see the top of the gate.  It was that big.  It looked real thick, but it was hard to tell.  There was a long path leading up to the gate with all sorts of things and people on the sides of the path.  I saw people struggling to get past all the distractions along the path.  As I watched I saw them get pulled to the side only to pull and fight themselves back on the path.  Some, I hated to see, did not make it back on the path, but stayed on the side, caught up in the entrapments set there.  I expected to see people walking through the gate, proud and victorious.  But only a very few made it walking up to the gate.  When they got there, this small, thin door opened and then went in. 

I saw those righteous few, who had been in the Lord always walk up to the narrow door and walk in. They had no trouble getting in.  Then I saw those like myself, who had to fight to stay on the path most of their life, falling away only to get back on the path with the forgiveness of the Father, through the blood of the Lamb, back on the path working their way towards the gate.  I saw the enemy, pulling and tugging at them, showering them with every enticement, every known pleasure, trying to pull them back, not willing to concede that these people, these redeemed, had come to love the Lord with all their hearts and souls and would not be stopped.  These people were fighting their way to the gate, pushing and shoving all the entrapments aside, keeping their eyes straight ahead.  And I saw, so many, as they fell along the path, tired, worn down by the constant barrage of pulling and tugging from the people and attractions on the side of the path.  Beaten down, but not counted out, I saw so many of them crawling their way to the gate.  Determined not to be defeated, they clawed at the path, pulling themselves to the door in the gate.  As they reached the door, it opened, and a glorious spirit came out of the door, reached down and picked them up and carried them inside.  As they were carried inside, I heard shouts of jubilation, songs of rejoicing resounding in the heavens. I realized I was crying as I watched this. And crying now as I write what I saw.

There will be a constant battle, one fought every day, won every day with the strength and power given to us by the Lord; a battle over our souls.  The enemy will not give up until we reach that door, that narrow door in Heaven's Gate.  Most of us will be beaten down, weary, tired of the battle, but we keep pressing on, not giving in to the temptations thrown daily at us by satan.  Keeping our eyes on our Lord, we will go forward, even if we have to claw our way up that path, there is nothing going to keep us from our final destination, the Throne Room of God.  There will be rejoicing of all the saints of Heaven when we arrive, our Lord will be there to welcome us; knowing the struggle and battles we fought to spend eternity with Him. We will be there, sitting at the feet of our beautiful Father, glorifying Him with all our love, all our worship.  We may have lost some battles along the way, but we have won the war.  We have made it into Heaven's Gate and are seated with Jesus by the Father.  Our rightful place.  Where our God always intended us to be.  We made it.....He never let us go.....And at the end, tired and weary as we were, He carried us in.

Thank you Father, for showing me that no matter how hard the path is, I can make it all the way with Your power, Your strength, Your love.  How can I not be successful when I know You are waiting for me, encouraging me, wooing me with Your love, never letting me go from Your sight as You watch me come to You.  I can see Your smile as You watch me push aside all temptations, enticements, all distractions of the world.  Smiling as You see my eyes steady on You, never looking anywhere but at You.

I love You so my God.  You have my heart, my soul is singing worship songs to You, and my eyes are steady on You.  This 21st day of February, 2011, I am coming my Lord, I am coming up the path, I will reach Heaven's Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment