Tuesday, February 15, 2011

EAT AND BE FILLED

Ezekiel 3:2  "Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it."  So I age it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth."

The Word of God, the Holy Word of God.  Our Bibles, the life giving source of our daily lives.  The Lord knew we would need instruction, knew the need we would have for constant reminding of what He had to say about things, about the problems we would face. Basically I would call the Word of God, an instruction manual.  A manual instructing us how to live our daily lives based on the design God had for our lives.  The Word of God that was in existance from the beginning. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning."  The Lord shows us from the very beginning, why we came to be.  He loved us.  He wanted to give us all His best.  To share Himself with us. 

All throughout history, from the beginning of time as we know it, the Lord has given to His children all His love and blessed them and blessed them.  No matter the number of times they turned away, worshiped idols, sinned in every conceivable way known to man, God would welcome them back with open arms when they had been chastised and repented.  He loved so much.  He still loves us so much.

That is I encourage you to read the Word of God.  The Word of God is alive.  When you read the Lord's Word, ask the Holy Spirit to open up the Word, to let those words become alive in you as you read them.  The Word are the words of the Lord, given to help you understand who He is, why He is, and what He wants to do for you.  Get several translations, if need by, to help you see clearly what the Word is trying to say to you.  I have found that the same scripture will take on an entirely different meaning at different times in my life, depending on what I needed at that time.  Same scripture but God opened it up to fit my need. 

The Word is there to fit your need, make your life understandable.  To fill you in on the wiles of the enemy, how to overcome what he tries to do to you and to give you grounds for righteous living.  Living in the Lord.  Living the life that the Lord has planned for you.  I believe the reason so many of us miss out of a lot of what the Lord has for us is from fear.  We do not seek the Word to find answers, and tend to stay fearful of what we don't know. A great tool of the enemy.  We have to feed on the Word, seek to understand this wonderful Lord that loves us so.

The Lord tells us in His Word, "to fear not", He tells us to "trust and obey", Jesus tells us to "Have faith in God".  Trust the Lord, trust His Word.  The Word does not change, it is the same as it has always been from the beginning.  Just as our God does not change, His Word does not change.  What it meant for our ancestors, it means the same for us.  Sin is sin, redemption is redemption, and salvation is salvation.  The only way to the Father is through the Son.  His Word tells us, explaining what we must do to be saved, born again, and santified by the shed blood of Jesus for our sins.  It never deviates from this message.  It also never changes the message of love.  "Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbor as thyself."  The greatest of all commandments.  Found in the Word.

The Word is a peace giver.  You cannot read the Holy Word of God and not feel a wave of peace settle over you.  The sweet peace of the Father, coming to you with His love.  He is there to take all your burdens, all your heartaches and give you peace in exchange.  He is glorified when you give your burdens to Him.

I cannot fully tell you what the Word means to me.  There are not words I can use to explain. The Word highlights my life, tells me who I am in my God, His beloved child, a child of the Almighty God, who will reign with Him forever.  A child of the King.  Where can you find life giving messages such as this except from His Word.  The Word that tells us how God so loved us, He sent His Son to die for us, so we could spend eternity with Him.  So we could be washed clean of our sins, so we could have the Fathers presence with us. 

The precious Word of God.  How I love your Word, my Lord. When I am reading the Word, You are filling me with such meat of the Word, as I eat and eat more of the Word, the sweetness of its message is aliken to honey.  The sweet message of Your love, Your deliverance and Your plans for me ringing forth, assuring me that there is nothing I can do to cause You not to love me, nowhere I can go that You cannot find me and that You want to spend time with me.  You are waiting to spend time with me.

My God, my wonderful Father, I want to spend all my time with You.  I want to worship You as You are so worthy of all my worship.  I give to You, all my love, all my worship this 15th day of February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment