Friday, February 11, 2011

OVERWHELMING PRESENCE

Hebrews 13:5b  "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

Have you ever had a day that you dreaded coming?  A day that you would have like to skip over for fear of what it would bring to mind, come flooding back like a river that you cannot stop.  This was my day. This day has been building up in me for about a month.  Another anniversary day, another day that will come each year no matter what you try to do to stop it.  And, since there are no stopping time, the day came. 

I got up this morning and immediately began to worship my Lord as I do each morning.  And He came.  My God came and visited with me while I got ready for work.  I have worship music playing pretty much all the time I am at home.  It plays throughout the night on my IPod, and when I am in my office, it is playing on the computer.  So I just worshiped my Lord and He spent time with me.  His presence, overwhelmingly evident.  My precious Father, with me. Thinking about it now, thrills my soul once again.  And so, I went to work.

At work, worship music plays throughout the day.  My assistant understands that this is who I am, I must have worship music, I must have the songs joining the words from my heart throughout the day to worship my God, my wonderful Lord.  I was by myself for the first two hours at work, listening to the music, worshiping, and He came.  All I could do was be thankful I was alone as I cried, His presence so beautiful and overwhelming me with His love, His touch.  And this went on all the day long, His wonderful presence.  I could feel the Lord there, and then when I was alone, for even a minute, I could feel His touch, and I was overwhelmed again.

The Lord sent my boss today.  You would love my boss, precious man that he is.  He told me he was not going to come until Monday but got up this morning and felt he needed to come today. When he realized what the day was, he knew why he was sent.  The first time I met him, he was giving the impression he was not personable, just by the books, numbers and all, and then our spirits met, and recognized each other in the Lord.  My boss, a man of God.  I want you to know how blessed I am of God to have a man of God for a boss.  He has shown up on days that were hard for me, having a bad day himself, and played gospel music all day on his computer for us.  That is the goodness of God.   I can remember last year on this day, my boss came to the office.  And I will never forget what he told me.  He told me that God does not make mistakes.  That sank into my heart and has stayed there. God doesn't make mistakes, He knows exactly what He is doing.  We may not understand it all, but we have to trust God, know He is taking care of us no matter what happens.

The rest of my day was spent, just doing my work, but also in the presence of my Lord.  I have found that He never leaves me, He loves me and He is not going anywhere.  And on those days, at those moments when I don't know if I can handle the loneliness, the grieve, He will be right here with me, overwhelming me with His presence.  His beautiful presence.  His amazing love.

I can rest tonight as my soul is at peace, my heart is being healed by the balm of the Lord's love, His gentle arms around me as I rest tonight. I have no doubt of that, I know I will be held close as long as the Lord feels I need to be held.  He will not leave me, he will not ever forsake me. 

When you are loved so much, why would you ever doubt that you would be left.  I know there are people that feel like they have no one to love them, that they have been forsaken and left by everyone they loved. But you need to know, there is One who will never leave you, never forsake you, He will always love you unconditionally, never judging but gently guiding you into His path, showing you His ways, giving you His blessings.  If you think you have no one, you are wrong....you have the Lord; just open your heart and let Him in.

Thank you Father, for Your overwhelming presence with me today, and I still feel Your presence here now and I know You will not leave me. I love You my God, I worship You with all that is within me, all the love, all the devotion, everything that I am, I am because of You.  You are so great, so worthy, and I, I am so blessed.  This 11th day of February that would have been so difficult, was made beautiful by your overwhelming presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment