Saturday, February 19, 2011

THE NEXT DANCE

Psalm 30:11-12  (Message)  "You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band, and decked me with wildflowers. I'm about to burst with song; I can't keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can't thank you enough."

I have been dancing with the Lord.  I actually envisioned this earlier today.  I was listening to beautiful worship music, just lending myself to the music and worshiping the Lord from my heart, loving Him as I sang, longing for His presence to linger with me when I saw a Hand reach down.  I placed my hand in His and was lifted up into His arms. I want you to know, it thrills me now remembering it, as I tell it to you. My Lord took me into His arms and as choirs of angels sang a love song, we walzed around the universe.  We touched softly down upon the stars, glided across the moons surface; the light of the moon was overshadowed by the reflection of God's love on my face.  We whirled and whirled around and around until it seemed like only one person dancing, I had melted into the Father as we became one heart, one being.  Then gently He put me back, where I had been.  As I looked up, I saw the Hand give me a card, it was a dance card; on it was written, "until the next dance".

I was filled with mixed emotions.  So sad the special time with my God was over, but so excited of the promise of more.  I believe the Lord loves dancing with His children.  The closeness of the special waltz, I guess that is what it was, it was hard to know actually.  How can you be so close to the Father, and notice anything but Him. But we were moving, and I considered it a dance as He told me there would be another.  Dancing with the Lord took on a new thought of dancing with me.  It was beautiful, a glorious experience. Kind of reminded me of when my earthly daddy would have me put my feet on the top of his and he would dance around with me. Or he would pick me up in his arms and dance with me to Glen Miller or someone like that.  I smile as I remember, I never wanted those dances to end either.  It was such a safe feeling, my daddy holding me.  But as wonderful as those dances with daddy were, they could not compare with the dance I had this morning with my Lord.  My God holding me, not fearing as the trust I have in Him is beyond measure.  He replaced any mourning with such joy, giving my feet freedom to dance, dance with Him, dance for Him.  Joy, such heartfelt joy.

So many things have come to mind this day after that experience. I wondered how I could have been treated to such a beautiful time with God, how did it happen.  My Lord was quick to let me know it was because of my love and devotion for Him.  The new songs I sing to Him from my heart drew Him to me.  He wants to hear our songs of love, our songs of worship.  Those songs that are born in our spirit, from our hearts, just made for singing to Him, no one else.  Songs that no one has heard, that are just from us to Him.  Do you ever do that?  Just sing from your heart?  As your heart fills with so much love for the Lord, it just springs forth like a gusher....it has to come out of you.  Just lift those words up, put music to them and sing to Him.  Just love on Him, minister to Him with your heart.

Keep your heart pure to the Lord, with love for only Him.  Free yourself of all worldly desires.  Learn to trust the Lord with all that is you, not fearing as you know He will take care of you through anything.  Complete trust in Him.  Seek Him with everything that is in you, day and night worship Him alone.  And keep your dance card empty....you never know when that beautiful Hand will reach down...and ask you...for the next dance.

Beautiful Father, thank You for honoring me today; giving me of Yourself, showing me Your love for me, Your desire that I remain completely Yours, always just Yours.  Taking the time to court me, loving me as only You can.  I love you so much my God.  You are my everything, I have no desire for anything that is not of You.  This 19th day of February, 2011, I am waiting, anticipating, longing for my next dance with You.  I will not let anyone fill my dance card but You.  I wait for You alone.

1 comment: