Sunday, February 13, 2011

CHOSEN TO WORSHIP

2 Chronicles 29:11  (Message) "Children, don't drag your feet in this!  God has chosen you to take your place before Him to serve in conducting and leading worship --this is your life work; make sure you do it and do it well."

The New International Version says "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve him, to minister before Him and to burn incense".  I thought this was so beautiful and then when I looked over (this Bible is a parallel Bible) to the Message side and saw, conducting and leading worship, I knew why the Lord had me read this today. 

Some days do you wonder if you are fulfilling His call on your life?  Are you like me, wanting to make sure I am serving Him in just the capacity He desires you to be.  I know He took weeks and taught me just how to worship Him, each night, until He knew I had it right. I have sang for so many years, on praise and worship teams, solos, choirs.  And until He spent time teaching me, I thought I was worshiping. But no, I realized, I was only singing songs.  Now I worship, no doubt about it, I worship.  The songs have to be worship songs, either someones elses that I use to worship with or new songs that come from my heart, but worship, just worship.

I have come to realize I was chosen to do this. A lot of people really worship the Lord, I mean there is no question that they love the Lord and love to worship Him.  But I believe that some are specially called. Called to make it their life's passion. A passion for the Lord that is not quenched unless they are worshiping Him, drawing into His presence with their worship.  I believe the Lord choses certain ones that He knows will not be put off by man or circumstances, that no matter what, they will worship Him. When the Holy Spirit speaks, they will listen, and do what He says, right then.  He says worship now, they will worship now; sing this, they will sing.  I at one time let myself be intimidated by man, listening to what I heard in my ear and not my heart and quenched the voice of the Holy Spirit.  Then I had to endure the absence of the Holy Spirit until my longing drew Him back.  Not any more. I can not grieve the sweet spirit of the Lord.  I must obey. I must worship.

When you worship the Lord, you are ministering unto Him.  You are giving to Him all your love, your adoration, all praise and honor. Close your eyes and see yourself worshiping, hands lifted high, glorifying the Lord with your whole heart, your puried heart before the lord.  Do you feel the smile on His face, the joy coming from His heart, the love pouring forth ever so strong.  This is ministering to the Lord, when it draws pure joy from His heart at His child loving, longing for Him, worshiping Him.  The incense that once was burned in sacrifice, that incense is your love coming through your worship, your songs of worship to God.  He knows when your worship is coming from your heart, the depths of your soul, love pouring out from you to Him. Such a sweet aroma it brings to Him, so sweet, so satisfying, so special.  This is why you are chosen.  This is why I was chosen. To bring joy to our God, to delight Him, to show Him how special and wonderful He is, how loved, how cherished.

My God, my God, how I love You.  Thank You for chosing me. I am so honored that You would chose me, no one special before, but how special I feel now, Lord. So special to have been chosen, hand-picked, to serve and minister to You, to lead others to worship You.  To stand before You, with my hands outstretched up to You, and worship You with all my heart and soul. I exalt You my Lord, You are so holy, so holy.  There is none like You, Lord, none.   You love me, You call me beloved one.  You bless me abundantly, You protect me, Your child.  Chosen by Almighty God to worship, to lead others in worshiping You.  I bow before You, my Father, I bow before You, humbled at Your love for me.

Let me never forget Father, how You have brought me through all the hard days, how You held me through my tears, how You forgave me all my sins, cleansed and santified me for Your service, and loved me with a passion unmet anywhere.  I live to worship You, it is all I want to do day and night is minister to You, love You, sing to You.  I will sing to You my Lord, until there is such a sweet aroma coming up to You, You will not be able to do anything but come to me, stay with me, keep me with You until that day.......in eternity.

Specially chosen some are, but all can be chosen.  If they give completely of themseves to the Lord, living to worship Him in all heartfelt spirit and truth, loving the Lord above all others, desiring to sing and worship Him, lead others to worship Him, they too, will be chosen.  A wonderful calling of God.

This day, the 13th of February, 2011, Your chosen worshiper choses to give You all her love, all her worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment