Thursday, February 3, 2011

WHAT'S UNDER THE SNOW?

Galatians 5:1  It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

I was watching out the window of my office today, thinking of the weather forecast that it was to snow.  First at noon, then 2:00, then by 5:00; still nothing and it is almost 9 p.m.  But as I was watching, thinking about the snow, how beautiful it was, how white, so clean looking, the Lord spoke to me in my spirit and said "What's under the snow"?  I was not sure I had understood right until He began to explain it to me.

The Lord told me that when people came to Him, seeking forgiveness, they would repent of their sins.  He said that they would tell Him of the things that were disturbing in their lives, things they wanted to be cleansed of and washed clean, washed white, white as snow.  Of course they were forgiven.  But then He went on to explain some more.  If you don't mind, I will just make this first person instead of second, but understand this is what the Lord showed me, it does not come from me.

When you ask forgiveness of your sins, are you bearing your entire heart to the Lord?  Are you giving up everything that is in you that is contrary to the Word of God?  Or are you keeping some of the things that you just cannot give up right now.  You feel like you have repented of so much, and have the Lord's forgiveness, but now you are wondering why you don't feel the peace that you read in the Word that would come after repentance.  You still feel that heaviness of those chains on you; you are bound down; there is no lightness in your spirit.

Why did you not give it all to the Lord?  Why are you holding back those things in your heart.  Don't you know that the Lord knows what is in there.  But He will not cleanse those things without your giving them up, without asking Him to take them from you, repenting of them, asking His forgiveness, His mercy. 

To everyone around you, when you come forward at church or let them know of your repenting to the Lord, they will see just what you are showing them.  A snow covered stone.  Yes, a stone.  There is a white cleansing effect on the outside, like snow, but the inside is still hardened as you have not given all to the Lord.  You are holding back, things you cannot bear to give up, or bear to think about.  Those things that are so hurtful perhaps, you are hiding them there in your heart.  Or maybe something you enjoy doing that you know is not something a child of God should be doing, but you enjoy doing it, so you think as long as no one knows, it will be okay.  And you are right, you can go to church, even sing in the choir, play in praise and worship groups, teach Sunday School or children's church and no one will know anything other than what you show them. But God knows....you cannot hide things from God.

No peace, no true rest in the Lord; you will find yourself trying so hard to make everyone believe you are in right standing with the Lord, doing what God wants, and all the time the words will actually sound like brass cymbals in your own ear.  Can you imagine what it sounds like in God's ears.  Now you are under the bondage of pride also.  Too proud of who you think you are to come under the Holy Spirits' conviction of your sin.  Too proud of how strong you are thinking that you can keep things hidden and not repent of them.  No peace, no rest, no relationship with the Father.  Aren't these the things you came to the Lord seeking?

There is always today.  Let all those things in your heart go today.  Is it so important to you that you would let them stand in the way of a real relationship with the Lord?  What could possibly be holding you?  It is bondage.  I know a lot of things can truly hold people bound down, the enemy refusing to let you go from of them, but nothing is too hard for our God.  All it takes from you is a true repentive heart, a pure desire to give them to the Lord, who will throw them from you so far they will not come back, as long as you stay connected to God.  As long as you constantly ask Him for His strength to let them lay dead and gone from you.  God can make all things clean, all things pure, as white as snow.  And under the blood of Jesus that will wash you white as snow there will lie a humbled heart with no desire in it but to be one with the Lord.

I know all this is possible.  You see, once I was like you.  Snow covering a stone.  But God....my God took those things the instant I handed them to Him and He kept them, got rid of them, set me free.  I am no longer a slave to wicked desires of the flesh, but now a free servant of the Almighty God.  His yoke is indeed light and now I wear His yoke of joy, peace and I have His sweet rest.  I want so much for you to have this precious relationship with our Lord also.  There is never a place again you will want to be except in His presence.  All those things you were holding on to will seem so worthless now, so meaningless, you will wonder why you waited so long to give them all to the Lord.

Father, I pray Your message is the way You wanted it told.  I never want to do anything that would not be Your way, Your will, Your's alone.  I love you my Lord, you are everything I ever dreamed, more so each day.  You supply everything I need, I am so blessed of You.  Thank you for your precious presence Lord, I never want to be without You with me. 

I give You all my worship, all my love, this 3rd day of February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment