Saturday, February 26, 2011

GLADNESS OF HEART

Ecclesiastes 5:20 "He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart."

What a revelation.  What joy I have found.  And it was there all the time.  I actually had a semester on the Books of Poetry in the Bible of which Ecclesiastes is a part of. But I have found it true that some scripture remains dark until that moment that the Lord brings light to it for you. At the right time, the perfect time that it will bring enlightenment to your heart, refreshing to your soul.  And here the scripture is.  I remember reading it when I took that class but it read through without shouting at me.  Tonight it shouted big time.

I am thinking that the reason age is so much on me right now is that is what the enemy is trying to use against me right now.  Of course, it is foolishness on his part as I don't pay any attention to what he does or says, as I know my God is taking care of me and I don't worry about the small things.  But the old demon is trying to convince me at my age, that I don't have any business thinking I can pick up and move to another city, another job, another house.....but God.  He is not counting on the fact that I don't rely on my strength, my power, my own doings.  I rely solely on my God.  Completely.  It is all on Him.  I believe this is His will for me, and I know He will make it all happen.  I only concentrate on my part.

The important thing for me to know, for any of us to remember, is that today is the day we stay in.  Not yesterday for sure, for the Lord has forgotten it, so why would we want to remember it?  It is gone and will not return for a replay, so there is no need for it to replay in our minds, in our hearts.  Good memories are written on our hearts, so I am not speaking of those wonderful times with families, friend, those beautiful memories that God is so wonderful to preserve for us, written in His beautiful hand across our hearts, never to be erased.  Have you ever known someone with alzheimers disease, that they forget a lot of present day things but can remember way back to pleasant times?  Those memories written on their hearts.  Now this is the way I see it, the way the Lord showed it to me.  Those memories are not forgotten, beautiful, happy memories of days gone by.  But the other things, why do you want to rehash them, they were not good, hurtful a lot of them, let them go.....the Lord has and He desires for you to do so also.  When the enemy brings them to mind, dismiss them along with his attempts to control you with those past days.

But today, I will think on the goodness of my God, how He has made my heart so glad.  He has such plans for me and they are exciting, new, fresh.  A life to live for Him, and thinking of the new life has my heart overjoyed.  I don't know how it will all develop but God does and that is good enough for me.  I notice as I am driving down the street, worshiping my Lord, that I am drawn to look at the flowers blooming, or the birds on the electrical wires; the clouds in the sky, or the beautiful clear sunshiny day.  These things give my heart joy.  The worship songs I sing along with praising the Lord from deep inside of me, this gives my soul peace.  The creation of my God causes my heart to expand with joy and the Holy Spirit to give me new songs to sing to Him.

The scriptures before verse 20 tells us that when God give us things, possessions or wealth, and enables us to enjoy them, to accept our lot and be happy in our work, we should do just that.  We should not feel guilty when the Lord blesses us.   We should be joyful in what the Lord has done for us, there is no shame in being blessed.  Mercy, where do some folks think it is wrong to be blessed with the abundance of the Lord.  Now, I do believe that the Lord gives us abundance to continue the giving of the blessing.  But it is a matter of rejoicing at the goodness of God.  I am happy in working for the Lord in whatever place He puts me and I will be joyful in His blessings to me.

His goodness and blessings, these are the things I will keep my mind occupied with, not my life, not my age, not yesterday.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  There is nothing that cannot be done in the Lord. When God wills something to be done, and you put your will in His, it will be done. Gifts from the Lord, cherished gifts from God. 

Father, You have given me so much, and I know the blessings will continue.  You have told me so, told me to expect to be blessed abundantly with all good things from you.  You are Holy my Lord, You are Awesome.  You hold my heart in Your hand and it is safe there as You hold my heart next to Yours.  I can feel Your presence as I write this, I can feel Your love, the sweetness of Your breath; I can hardly type as Your presence is so heavy here...

My God, thank You for just being You this 26th day of February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment