Monday, April 2, 2012

WITHOUT YOU

John 15:5  "I am the vine, you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Holy Spirit, settle my mind, strengthen my spirit, let my heart savor each moment in my Lord's presence.  There is nothing possible I have found without You, Lord.  Nothing.  Yes, there are things I can do, but I have found they are fruitless, they amount to nothing of any importance, of any substance.  The only things that have made a difference in my life are the things I have found in You, my Savior.

For years, I made my way.....my way.  In fact there was a song I use to like, called My Way.  How foolish it all seems now, now that I have truly come to know the real Way.  The real fight comes with the mind, when the enemy wants to infiltrate my mind with thoughts of "you can do this another way, an easier way" or "why don't you just give up, this is too hard".  But You, Holy Spirit, when I call on You, when I call on the Name of Jesus, to come, to cover my mind with Your Spirit, with Your presence, the battle becomes victorious.  No longer do I desire my way, but I desire Your way, Lord, Your way with my life.

What a difference You've made in my life, what a difference.  Where once there was doubt and disbelief, fear and anxiety, tears and sorrow, You have given me reason to trust You, my faith is strengthen each day as You show me how much You love me.  You have given me a safe haven to come to, a shelter where I know I am protected and loved, and You have replaced my sorrow, my tears with joy and peace.  What a difference You've made in my life, my Lord, what a difference.

Without You, my skies are dark, my way is clouded, cautious.  But with You, my day is filled with sunshine and my way is bright with Your Light of love.  You give me strength for each day, You give me so much love, my heart overflows with love to share with others.  You are everything to me, my Lord, everything.  I want no other, I desire no other, I only want You, my Lord, my God.

Thank You for taking me from what I was and making me who I am, Your worshiper.  No other love can satisfy my heart, make me complete.  I am complete in You, my Beloved Lord.  No longer will I ever be without You, as I know You will never leave me or forsake me.  I am lost in Your love.

04-02-12

No comments:

Post a Comment