Wednesday, April 4, 2012

ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD

1 John 2:21  "I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie comes from the truth."

A promise is a promise until it is broken.  I have had a lot of promises made to me that have been broken and I am ashamed to say I have broken promises also.  Most as I had no control, but broken none the same.  It makes me very cautious about making promises lightly as they are binding, well to me, and I believe to our Lord also.

Have you ever had someone tell you "I will love you forever"?  Yes, I am sure you have, we all have done this in our younger years.  Love is one of those promises so many take so lightly.  Love is a word that can cover anything from loving a person, an emotional expression, to talking about a TV show.  You are forever hearing someone say they love this or they love that, but that kind of love is not the promise kind, it's just using the word to express how much you like something.

Love, the word describing that feeling, that deep abiding, overwhelming passion that our Father has for me, for us, this promise given.  God told us He loved us and His Word tells us He does not lie.  So this is a promise you know is true, you can count on it.  God's Word is true.  In John 3:16, "God so loved the world (us) that He gave His only (Beloved) Son", His only Son, All He had, because He loved me and you.

I know a lot of us would give our life for another, but it is usually someone we love and just about always someone we know.  Someone we know and usually someone that loves us in return.  But God gave All, because He loved us, and it was not because He was loved in return, but in hope that we would accept His love and return it with our own for Him.

His promise of love went so much deeper than I had ever dreamed.  So many times He has poured out new mercy on me, each day, new mercies come to me.  His love discards everything I did wrong the day before, and a new day is given to me; a new day to bring my worship and praise to Him, my Father, to glorify Him with my life.  A new day to be shown His love, His grace, a day to read again in His Word, His promises to me, to you. 

Because of the sacrifice of Jesus, my Savior, at Calvary, the only requirement for me to know my Father, my Lord, was to accept His Word, to believe in Jesus, my Savior, and to ask forgiveness of my sin and to receive His love.  Receive Jesus into my heart.  Love flooded into my spirit the day I gave Him my heart, my all.

All God's promises came to me that day.  He promised me a Comforter and a Friend and the Holy Spirit has dwelt in my heart ever since.  He promised never to forsake me or leave me.  He promised to take care of me, to be a Husband to me, and He has kept His Word to me in every promise He made.

His promises are true.  They are never broken.  He reminds me daily that He is here with me, that He loves me and that I am His beloved child.

Yes, Lord, I accept Your Word, Your promises; they are instilled in my mind and written on my heart.  Your love keeps them illuminated before me always.

04-04-12

No comments:

Post a Comment