Monday, April 30, 2012

APPRECIATION DAY

Psalm 50:14  "Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High."

For years now, I have referred to payday as appreciation day.  To receive compensation for a job that is appreciated.  Yes, I realize a lot of people are underpaid, and then there are those who think they are.  But that is not the point that I believe the Lord wants me to make here. 

I actually work for the Lord.....and if you are in His service, you work for Him also.  By in His service, I mean anyone that acknowledges Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and our Heavenly Father as God over all.  We work for God.   It is the Lord that sees to it that we are compensated here on earth, His seeing to our needs.  So many of us are blessed also with enough left over for occasional wants.  Our Lord appreciates what we do when we let the Holy Spirit lead us throughout the day in our earthly jobs.  When we use the job we have to glorify the Lord; when we live our daily life in a manner that gives honor and glory to Him in it, He is blessed and He appreciates us.

So we are paid by our employers, a pay check.  I believe so many people look at their jobs as work that they so hate.  I admit there are a lot of times I would much rather be doing something else, but as long as the Lord has given me this place to be in, I will use it for His glory, to be His witness of His mercy and love, and to testify of His goodness.  Our work is not always about us, but about His work for us, for His kingdom.

You may believe you are not appreciated.....and perhaps, here on earth, at your job, it could be true.  I know a lot of people do not show appreciation much.....do they know Jesus?  But the Lord showed me this morning that He appreciates us.  Our Lord knows that we put ourselves out in the world, in a world that so often is critical, and sometimes downright mean to the children of God.  The enemy uses anything and anyone he can to attack us, God's children.  Some days can be so....well, you all know what I mean.  But remember that our God sees all that happens.  He has not promised us that attacks would not come, that inappreciation would not happen, He has promised He would be with us and walk us through it.  And just to realize His love for us never fails, to know He appreciates us for all we do.  When you think of all the sweet things that happen each day, those are God's ways of thanking us, thanking us for staying faithful to Him, for lifting His Name above all others and for letting our actions bless Him.

When I think of what my Savior endured for me, the pain and suffering He accepted to pay for my sin....when was the last time You just thanked the Lord and praised Him, appreciated Him for what He has done for us?  He does so much, gives so much to us; give back to Him.  Worship the Lord.  Show our God how He is appreciated; thank Him, thank Him, thank Him.  Don't wait till next Sunday when you go to church; begin to thank the Lord each morning when you wake up.  Thank Him you have a job to go to; thank Him for the opportunity He is giving you to witness, to show your love to Him by sharing His love with others.

Appreciation Day.....let me suggest that when you get that paycheck, you remember to give some back to the Lord, let Him know how much you appreciate Him but helping Him take care of His ministers, pastors, worshipers, musicians.....give unto the Lord so He can in turn give back to you..... appreciate Him.  He so appreciates you.

I love You, my Lord, I appreciate all You do for me.....Your goodness and mercy, Your grace, Your sweet love....thank You, thank You, my God, my Love.

04-30-12

No comments:

Post a Comment