Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MY DADDY'S BIGGER THAN YOUR DADDY

Isaiah 40:26  "Lift your eyes and look to the heavens; Who created all these?  He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls them each by name, Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."

Remember when you were a child, you were always bragging on your daddy?  And your friends would counter back with "well, my daddy this or that" and you were shouting back "my daddy promised me this", and "my daddy said this", and "my daddy loves me this much" and you would stretch your arms as wide out as you could.  If you were close to your daddy, if you were his darling daughter, you were talking about him all the time, you were so proud to be his daughter.

What about now?  How do you refer to your Father in heaven, your Creator?  Do you boast in Him of the things He does for you?  Do you tell others how good your Father is, how He takes care of you, provides for you.  When was the last time you told someone how much your Father loves you?  Or how much you love Him?  What do you say when someone says that they don't believe in your Father?  Or do you look the other way when they use His name in vain?  Selah.

Everyday, every opportunity, is the time to talk about our Father in heaven.  What a Mighty God we serve, what a Mighty God we serve, angels bow before Him, heaven and earth adore Him, what a Mighty God we serve.  Singing this song brings the joy from my spirit out into the air as I want everyone to know I serve a mighty, wonderful Lord.  He is so good to me, and I know He is good to you.  I want to tell everyone how He blesses me, how He provides for me, how much He loves me.  See, this is boasting we can do as it has no focus on ourselves, but on the Lord we serve, on the Lord that loves us beyond measure.  There is no sin in boasting on the Lord as when doing so you are encouraging others to see the Lord for Who He is.  Our blessed Lord, our Creator.  The Lord only has good things in store for His children and He wants them all to come to a saving knowledge of Him.  How will people know how blessed we are if we are not praising our Lord to them. 

So many people talk about the TV shows they watch, the movies they went to see, shopping.....all these things are nice, but what about talking about the One who gives us life so we can do these things?  What about talking about what a sacrifice was made by our Lord so we could do these things, so we could have a blessed life?  What about telling someone that is seeking answers in their life about a God that is holding His arms open wide for them, our God that is beckoning them to come, our Lord that loves them so much and is wanting to give them His peace, His joy. 

Sharing the love of our Lord takes nothing from us.  His love pours out on us without reservation.  His love, His grace cannot be measured as it is greater than our minds can imagine.  My Daddy's so big He has enough love and mercy for all.  My Daddy's so big He can take care of all His children and I will never have lack, nor will you.  My Daddy's wonderful, beautiful and He loves me. I am His beloved daughter. 

What would you like to tell me about your Daddy?

04-18-12

No comments:

Post a Comment