Friday, April 20, 2012

THE LAST WORD

Ecclesiastes 5:2  Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God.  God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few."

Who has not seethed inside when they are around someone that always wants to have the last word!  Hummmmm.....did we wonder.....they might have been thinking the same thing about us? 

Think about the last conversation you had with the Lord, remember when you asked for His help, His advice, His guidance.  When He gave you the words you longed to hear, the direction you needed to go, the answers you were seeking, were praises and thanksgiving to the Lord the last word?  Or were your words something like "But God" or "Yes, but did you know?"  Did you have to have the last word?

I will step up and say, I am guilty....forgive me Lord....I have been guilty of this, I am sure more times than I care to remember.  Thank You, Lord, that you just didn't toss me away, completely shut me out.

Our Lord does not waste words.  Every word of God should be clung to, considered so precious, so priceless.  His words have truth in them, they are directed at solving our problems, showing us the way to walk, for our own good, not harm.  He is just not talking without meaning.  We need to listen to what the Lord is trying to tell us.  Our asking the Lord's help does no good if we are not going to listen to His answers.  I believe sometimes when we don't get an answer to our cry for help at that time, is that the Lord knows we will want to have the last word, and are not truly listening to Him.  We are asking because this is what we do.  We still want to control the situation ourselves.  Foolish isn't it?  We all have been so full of ourselves at times, I am sure the Lord would probably like to take a switch to us.  Thank You, Father, You are so patient with us. 

Lord, I love You.  I want only to follow Your words.  Father, I ask that You forgive me those times of trying You, wanting to counter what You tell me with doubt and indecision.  I will follow You, my Lord.  You have taught me to trust You and in that trust, I will accept Your will for my life and will not inject what I think things should be like.  I know You want to give me the desires of my heart, but I also know it will be in Your timing as You know what my days hold, and when things should come to me. 

Let the last words that come out of my mouth when You speak to me, Lord, is simply, "Yes, Lord, thank You, Lord for Your love and grace."  I will bless the Lord at all times, praises and worship ringing out of my heart, my spirit for the love of my Savior.  I bless You, my God, for Your love and mercy You pour out on me each day.  I will listen to You my Lord and let the last word...be Yours.

04-20-12

No comments:

Post a Comment