Friday, April 27, 2012

LOVE IS EVERYTHING

1 Corinthians 13:1  "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Has the enemy ever brought questions to your mind of whether you really love others or is it a great pretense to appease the Lord?   I know the Holy Spirit doesn't question, He does not ask if we love, He will just show us that we do or we do not.  So these kind of questions can only come from one source, yes, the same one....the deceiver.  How often do we fall into letting our minds begin to question ourselves when that thought comes in. 

I know pretense does not work with God.  How funny to even give thought to that one, for our God sees right to the core of our being, through all smoke screens we might try to set up, through all sweet words, beautifully worded prayers, He sees right through it all.  He sees right into the heart of each of us.  Only a foolish man would try and deceive God, would try to pretend with our Lord.  As a Christian, a born again child of God, we have the Lord dwelling in us.  He knows our very deepest thoughts.  We all, and I am the first to step up here, fail.  We will have thoughts cross our mind, as we witness people, watch their lives, thoughts of criticism, even judgment if we allow those thoughts to continue.....but for the grace of God.  I have learned to immediately reach out to God, "forgive me Lord", I cry to Him, as I see the enemy trying to trap me.  So easily if we are not watchful, the enemy will draw us back to those old wine skins, that old man; remember, the one that has died....the enemy has a way of resurrecting him if we do not keep our thoughts on the Lord, our mind on Him at all times.

Never think you can go through one day without needing the Lord with you at all times.  His shield of protection, over your life, over your mind; I know I cannot live and do not want to live one day without Him right where I am.  I don't leave the house, actually not even the bed in the morning without asking for the Lord to stay with me, to keep me in His Word, in His Light.  We need the Lord, we need Him so much.  I speak for all of us as I know His presence is necessary for a good life, for a rewarding and blessed life.

I guess you are wondering right now, about love.  I just realized myself that the Lord had taken me on another path here.  But He is telling me that if we do not accept His love, His guidance, His presence in us at all times, there is no way we can possible expect to love others.  We cannot do this in our own strength and power; it is only the power, only the strength of God, pouring into our lives that make it possible for us to love each other, truly love each other as ourselves.  Through His love, we can forgive all hurts, grievances, disappointments, and reach out to one another in true Christian love.  Real agape love.  The kind of love that knows no bounds, the kind of love that is rooted in Jesus, in our Lord God. 

I can talk to you all day long.  I can share testimonies with you and give you scripture after scripture.  I can write my blogs and post them for you to read.  But if I have not true love in my heart for my God, for Jesus my Lord, for the Holy Spirit; for all the words I speak about my Lord, I know in my heart they will fall flat, they will resound as a dim, deflated drum, a piano with flat keys.  If I have not the true love for each of you, each of God's children, anything I say will ring out false.  Only through my Lord and God can I love; He has taught me that true love is everything.  I need to have nothing else to offer to Him, or to you, but true love and compassion.  I don't need to give my Lord anything but true love.  For from true love comes all that matters.  He knows because of my love for Him, I will worship Him with my heart, my songs, my live.  The Lord knows that because of the true love I feel for my fellow man, this love will worship Him in ways nothing else can.  Nothing else worships the Lord more than love, for everything flows out of love.

I love the Lord.  I do not have the words to express this love, it goes beyond what words can say.  And, dear friends, I do have the words to express my love for you......I love you....in the Lord.  This love is the greatest human love .......  love in the Lord.

04-27-12

No comments:

Post a Comment