Sunday, April 22, 2012

RETURN TO THE LORD

Psalm 22:3-5  "Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel.  In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them.  They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed."

Return us, O Lord, Return us.  Draw us Lord, return our hearts back to the days of our forefathers who trusted in You, You Who guided our country.  You to whom they looked for divine power and guidance.  Our forefathers who founded this nation, in You, through You, and for Your children to be free in You.

When I read Your Word, Lord, my heart longs for the freedom that You died to give us.  As I think of our country's past, and even to day, where Your children die to keep us in that freedom, and then I see how far so many have gone from You.  How can sacrifices made for us be so easily forgotten, put aside?  What can we be thinking.....no, Lord, not thinking.  And yet, Your love overshadows all the sinful nature on earth...."if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land".  Even with all You see from heaven, the fighting, and so much still in Your name....O Father, O Father.

My heart is grieved as I think of Your beautiful heart of love for us, grieving, saddened, hurt at still more rejection from Your children as You watch them choose the world, the world over You.  As more time goes by and the only justification found is how they choose to justify what they are doing, blind to the truth of Your Word.  Father, I ask, once again, for forgiveness for them, ......and for me.  I know there is so much more that I, that your beloved children, the ones of us that seek Your face, can do.  Witness of Your goodness, of Your salvation and forgiveness.  Lord, draw out of us the urgency we feel in our spirits, bring it to action in Your name, to tell everyone we see of Your love.  Lord, let us love them through You.  Hate the sin, love the sinner, extend Your love to everyone, regardless of their sin, for You love regardless, You desire their return to You regardless.

My Lord, my heart cries for Your glory to fall on this earth, for Your kingdom to come, on earth as in heaven.  I desire that all creation worship You and praise Your holy name.  I want to see the earth rejoice in You alone, giving You all the glory and worship that should be Yours alone.  I want to hear Your name shouted from every valley and every mountain by all mankind. 

Draw us Lord, draw us to You, Lord.  I exalt Your holy name and I lift up  my voice to worship You with all that is in me.  From my spirit, from the depths of my soul, from my heart that is filled with wonder at Your Holiness, I exalt You, my Lord.  Forget us not, O Lord, listen to my cries.  Look down and see all the children You love, Your beloved children, who are calling on You in this hour, who are worshiping You in spirit and truth, and draw us, Lord, draw us to You.  Let us hear Your wonderful voice, Your beautiful voice call to us...."Come, beloved, come".  We come before You, Father, asking for Your hand on our nation, on our land.  Restore our land.  Restore our freedom.  Show us Your will, Lord and strengthen us to follow Your laws.  Refresh our spirits and pour afresh Your anointing power on us, give us Your words to share with all who will listen, with all who desire freedom in You.  Return us, Lord, to You, give us back what our forefathers fought so hard for.  Let us give back to You, our God, the hearts that are rightfully Yours.  Let us be, once again, a nation, for and under God.

  Our God in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread. Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptatin, but deliver us from the evil one.  For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.  Amen.

04-22-12

No comments:

Post a Comment