Wednesday, April 11, 2012

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT

Song of Songs 2:13b  "Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

The scripture words were spoken by the beloved of the Lord to the Lord....the Bride to the Bridegroom.  Words probably most Christians would not think proper, respectful enough to be spoken to the Lord of lords, the King of all kings, the Creator of all.  We must remember that all three Persons of the Trinity are God, separated out of Himself to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, but still all three are the One.  So the words spoken, the love portrayed and played out in the Song of Songs, I believe, describe the true love between the Lord and His Bride.

Words spoken in these scriptures are intimate, gentle and very delicate.  I believe most churches just skip over this small book in the Bible as they are not sure how to present it.  In Bible College when we came to this book I was so excited as I truly wanted to know the meaning behind such sweetness, softness.  I was very disappointed as it was just mentioned as the who the writer was thought to be and then we went onto Isaiah.  Perhaps it was meant to be though, for as the Lord began to teach me to worship Him, the time spent with Him then and the time I spend with Him now has shown me for myself, the depth of His love for me and mine for Him.

As mentioned earlier, most Christians would not think it proper to call our Lord darling, precious, my dearest....but friends, if our Lord thinks it right to put those beautiful thoughts, precious words it in His Word; He calls us beloved and calls Himself the Lover of our Souls, why would you hesitate to call our Lord, our God, endearing terms like Darling, Dearest, Sweetheart.  Sound strange coming off your tongue as you try them?  Let your heart try them first. If that passionate love is in your heart for our Lord, if your love for Him can come close to matching His for you, then those words will begin to fly out of your heart, up through your spirit and they will flow out of your mouth with such sweetness, caressing the air as they flow to the ears of God.  He so desires to hear those words from you.  Our God is so passionate about each of us.  He has gone to extreme measures, giving all that He had, all that He has, to draw us to His heart, to show us that He wants to be everything to us, that He wants us to be everything to Him.  His heart is ours; He has beautiful words of endearment that He thinks of us with, that He calls us.  Is your heart His on the level that you think of Him with those same terms of endearment, that you will call out His  name with such expression of love?

My darling Lord, You who are the Lover of my soul, I give to You my love, my love that I pray will caress You with the same tenderness that You caress me with.  Let me, Lord, call You my Sweetheart, my Dearest Love.  Let my heart melt with Your heart in heavenly places of love, binding us together as You have desired from the beginning of time.  Your Bride, calling forth loving, endearing words from earth that will give You fulfilment of joy and happiness knowing that You are loved beyond all measure.

04-11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment