Monday, April 23, 2012

BLANK SLATE

Hebrews 3:1   "Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess."

There was nothing. Absolutely nothing coming to mind for tonights writing.  I was reading the Word, studying and reading, waiting to see if the Lord would bring something from  His Word, when a dear friend phoned from Houston.  We had a beautiful visit on the phone sharing what the Lord had done in her, His beautiful visitation as she had an MRI.  He gave her a song, Going Home, which had nothing to do with her going home but that He would always be with her, here, there, always with her in every situation, in every day.  As we hung up, I sat there for a few minutes just basking in the joy that her call left me with.  How I love sharing the Lord with my friends.  Some people enjoy talking about the movies they saw, or what they watched on TV, but nothing compares to sharing the Lord, talking about His goodness, about the peace He brings to us.

I went back to my reading in the Word and as I read I saw that nothing was coming forth that the Lord wanted me to write.  I sat there and just thought to myself, there is nothing, Father, there is nothing.  He whispered to me, "a blank slate".  I listened, sat there for a moment, and then I began to smile.  A blank slate.  Nothing on my mind but the Lord.  My mind was completely void of anything else, just thinking on my God.  Day in, day out, we stay so busy, so much on our minds, I believe that the Lord feels pushed out at times.  We love our God, but our minds stay so focused on everything but Him.  I think on my Lord all the time, but I notice that other things, pressures of work, traffic coming and going, schedules, sometimes seem to put Him in a corner while I manuver around them trying to get to Him.  So tonight, I was blessed with a blank slate.  He removed all the things that normally occupy my mind and just let me bask in His presence, with my thoughts totally on Him.  He gave me a blank canvas, so to speak, on which I could paint my love and worship to Him without all the distractions of this earth.  Just a quiet home with worship music coming from the bedroom, floating through the rooms to where I was sitting, just me and my thoughts of my beautiful Lord.  His presence, nothing but His presence.  No interruptions of my constant mental list making, preps of tomorrows assignments, just my Lord on my mind.

What a joy to sit with nothing on your mind but God.  Ask Him for a mind completely blank but your thoughts of Him.  Ask for His presence to completely cover you and wipe out all thoughts of this world, leave you to your thoughts of Him alone.  He will absolutely love doing this for you.  His desire is that we think of Him always, wanting to be our focus at all times.  He comes bearing gifts when He becomes our only focus, our only thought.  Gifts of perfect peace while we think of Him, gifts of abundant joy as the smile on our face reaches from ear to ear as we feel His presence as He invades our thoughts void of anything but Him.  He begins to restore our spirits while we sit lovingly at His feet, He restores my soul. He restores my soul.  Thank You, my Lord.

I know tomorrow I will once again have the thoughts of the day come flooding in, and He assures me that is alright, as long as I have Him front and center of my thoughts.  As long as I am praying for His will to be done in my life then all other thoughts will line up behind Him, in His will those thoughts will be subject to His power, His grace, His blessing.

Thank You Father, for this time, for my blank slate, so I could worship You and give all my thoughts to only You, without any interruptions from earthly life.  What a heavenly joy fills my heart, when my Lord and I are one, when my Lord and I are completely one.

04-23-12

No comments:

Post a Comment