Sunday, April 8, 2012

WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW?

Jeremiah 3:14  "Return, faithless people", declares the Lord, "for I am your husband".

This morning I was looking at all the beautiful words people posted online, all the music, the beautiful songs of worship and thanksgiving to our Savior for His sacrifice, looking at all the pictures, the outpouring of love to the Lord, when the words of this old 50's pop song came flooding into my mind.

Tonight your mine completely
You give your love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
But will you love me tomorrow?
Is this a lasting treasure....

"I saw", the Lord said to me, "I saw all the expressions of love and honor, all the movies replayed and rewatched, all the songs sang, all the hallelujahs to my name, but this, my Bride, this I want to know, when morning comes, will you still love me with that same intensity of today?  Will your songs of adoration rise up from your heart, with that same intense, redemptive spirit still cry out from your soul?  Will you still seek my face to draw near to me; will you still love me tomorrow?"

What heartache I felt as I heard these words come to me; so grievous as I knew that the beautiful worship of today would fall away tomorrow as "Easter" would be over, the season would be done.  Tomorrow would bring thoughts of family fun, good church service, music was beautiful, and then back to life as before.

Would it surprise you if I told you I felt that the Lord did not enjoy this day?  I truly felt His heart as He was telling me this, that it was as though He were being handed a beautiful treasure only to have it disappear the next moment.  Our God is looking for love that never fades, for a love that rises up each moment of the day and night from our spirits to Him.  A love that does not need thought but is so natural as breathing to us.  Pure love from His Bride, pure love that never needs a reason, a day, a remembrance; a love that never needs something from Him to flow to Him; nothing needed for a reason to love Him, but love that is freely given from our hearts.  Pure love, a love that never draws a doubt, a question from our God, our lord.  Thanksgiving for His grace, His mercy, His love that flows to His throne morning, noon and night.  Sweet remembrance always of the One that never leaves us, the God that pours blessing after blessing upon us, pure love.

Father, let me not add, let me not subtract from Your words to me. Let Your words, Your love draw us into Your presence to give to You our love, our unconditional.....Lord, let our love be unconditional to You as Yours is to us.  Let there not be a...."if God will do this for me; if I get this"; but let our love be an expression of our hearts and souls to You everyday.  Let the music of our rejoicing in Your Resurrection, in Your Victorious Resurrection, the Work completed on the Cross, let this music of our love, of our thanksgiving never fail to bring glory to You.  Let us bless You each day as You see the pure love that flows to You.  O God, I love You and I will always love You.  Father, I will never leave You, my love will always be Yours alone.

04-08-12

No comments:

Post a Comment